Quick, cheapo push mower support stand and blade removal stop

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Quick, cheapo push mower support stand and blade removal stop
How many of you guys here want to prop up the front end of your push mower to scrape or power wash off the underside of the deck? How many of you want to support it so you can remove and replace the blade? How many of you want an easy to use blade stop? I used to weight down the handles of my push mowers with a concrete block but that was usually a huge PIB, so my feeble brain started working in overdrive for a better solution.

First, get an 18 inch long section of 1- 1/2 inch PVC plastic pipe. Choose a location, then hammer it into the ground about 8 inches at a time, then pull it back up and shove the dirt out with a treated deck railing spindle, when you have the PVC seated in the ground, (and below mower cutting height) cut the deck railing spindle to the length needed so you can prop the front of your mower deck up....it works just GREAT, especially because if you do this right, the spindle can also function as a stop for the mower blade when you are removing and replacing it that item !!! :thumbsup::smile: