Flex Forks Installed

Bamacat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I decided to get the flex forks for my Raptor Sd 60. The dealer in Fayette, Al.[Roger's Auto] had them on the shelf.
Installing was easy . Jack up the front,remove wheels, remove spindle bolt and drop out old forks. I put a light coat of grease on new spindles and on axles,mostly to hold down rust.
I had already dropped the rear tires pressure to 9 psi. So off I went to mow.
Well, the flex forks are worth it !
My property has all kinds of surfaces, from smooth to an old garden turned back into lawn.I plan to level it in the Spring.
I can now mow even faster and the ride is much smoother.

bradmc

Threads
Do you mind sharing what you paid for them? I have a new SD 60 too. I mow about 4 acres of yard that up to about 3 years ago was mostly horse pasture. It's pretty rough.

Thanks.

Bamacat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to be slow getting back to you?
I paid a little under $300 for the flex forks .Not cheap,but they are well made and contain a torsion setup inside thats pretty strong. When I'm not sitting on it the front is slightly higher. But levels out somewhat when my fat can [260 lbs.] hits the seat! They fit the 60" and next size under [54"?] I have been told.
The absolute only gripe I can muster is they are not painted yellow, just gloss black.
Try them and lower the rear tire pressure to 9psi. Makes a world of difference.
Really starting to enjoy mowing with this machine.
Wife commented nicely about the speed I can cut front section of our place [2+ acres] and how well it cuts around the trees.

DK35vince

Threads
I have flex forks on my Super Z and feel it took some of the sharpness out of the bumps.
I like them.
I run 7- 8 PSI in the tires. Helps a little also.

mooch91

Threads
Have you all re leveled your decks after installation of the flex forks?

DK35vince

Threads
Have you all re leveled your decks after installation of the flex forks?
I didn't re level. Seems to be fine
I do run the anti scalp wheels on my 72" VX4 deck in the bottom holes.

gundog

Threads
The flex forks did make a significant difference on my first Super Z and now have them on my Super Z HD. I do believe them made them a bit stiffer than they used to be. I had then installed before taking delivery of the Super Z HD and the ride is great especially with the Grammer suspension seat. I never had to adjust the deck height or level after installation with either mower. For me the flex forks are a must have. My back is especially appreciative of the flex forks.