Raptor Flip Deck

LeakyGasket

Threads
Looks like it's coming with a 25HP KT740 Kohler. Any comment good or bad on engine? Also, I have a pretty rough bouncy lawn, and it beats me up a little on my Craftsman 44" garden tractor. The flip deck has 20" rear tires. Therefore, wondering about the tires.

FYI, have never owned a ZTR. Thanks.

kraky

Threads
I can only say a few things. I have a jd lt180 lawn tractor and my sd54 raptor rides way better even w/o the flex forks. But it weighs at least 200# more and has monster tires which I run at 9# air pressure.
I'm not sure I could be excited about the flip deck...I think its about $1000 more than a standard raptor and I might be a little worried about troubles till its been out a year or two.
I bought a $95 hydraulic lift from harbor frt and love it....works great on my raptor, my jd LT, and when my brother stops over for "free" service on his lawn tractor. Not exactly what you asked but some info to toss around.
Not sure about the kohler engine but wouldn't want one w/auto choke. And I love my Kawasaki on the raptor.

Lawn Addict
Threads
A friend has a Z master with a Kohler with over 1,000 hours on it & running fine. Enjoy your New machine.

Your operators manual should give ya rear tire PSI specs. Don't go off the tires. I run 10 lbs psi in back & have nice ride.

If you make big changes in air pressure, make sure to check deck for correct slope to front. That can change things. + Operator weight is a factor (if you are OCD like me). :laughing:

LeakyGasket

Threads
Thanks for the replies. I haven't bought it yet, but was told about it from a dealer, and was waffling between it and a Raptor SD or Fastrak.

kraky

Threads
If it were me and it wasn't a huge financial bump I'd be heading towards a fastrak. I'll probably make the move from my raptor sd54 to a fastrak within a year.

LeakyGasket

Threads
I'm kind of leaning towards the Fastrak too, and was surprised by the weight of it -- something like 860 lbs. Wow.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lots of Dealers have 'end of year' sales, Not sure about Hustler ? but that's how I save a bunch last year getting my Toro Z.. Sales @ my Dealer are friday & saturday this weekend.

Just a thought.. :thumbsup:

bigdaddyr

Threads
I just traded my Raptor SD 54" with 8 hours in on a Fastrak SD. I got a new 2014 and it's an awesome machine. The raptor was nice and my first ZTR but this one is like moving to a high line car. It gets work done quick, handles better on hills and has plenty of power. I can "feel" a big difference.

As far as the flip deck. I thought that wa interesting but not worth $1000 bucks. Maybe if it becomes mainstream and a few hundred. Then it becomes worth it to me.

azazel_18_2

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a few of these Flip Up mowers in stock and the lift is very impressive. People really seem to like these mowers. I do not like the tiny front tires. It is a stout unit but if you have the money either get a Raptor SD or a Fastrak. Go to a dealer that will let you test drive them. We are a full stocking dealer and once a customer tries the Fastrak its all over for the raptor SD.

LeakyGasket

Threads
Yeh, I had a couple dealers calling me about 5 times each trying to get me to buy one of the flip decks (I left my name), but after seeing those tiny front wheels, I walked away. I believe a Fastrak is in my future in a month or two.