Homemade muffler heat shield and striper kit

drmayer

Forum Newbie
Threads
like the title says - so far so good. Raptor SD 54"IMG_0186.JPGIMG_0185.JPGIMG_0184.JPGIMG_0183.JPG

Rob45679

Threads
Very nice fabrication. Looks really nice.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very nice job.

My toro blows the exhaust on to the right side hydro. I know lots of guys that have to replace the drive.

ffk_pennywise

Threads
I like your striper. I drag a heavy rubber mat behind mine which works pretty well but makes reversing tricky. Does your setup limit your range of cutting height?

bigdaddyr

Threads
I'm sure you built the stripe kit for less than $102 I'd bet. I couldn't see paying that for a rubber piece of mat and two pieces to squish it between and the hardware screws. Nice job.

I'm upgrading to the Fastrak SD and will see how the cut looks without a kit for now. If need be I'll make one with boat rollers likes been shown on here.

drmayer

Forum Newbie
Threads
As for the striper - it's basically a 1/4" thick rubber truck mudflap material that i cut into a 3" strip and have sandwiched between two pieces of 12ga. galvanized steel. There are vertical slots in the steel to allow height adjustments of the rubber strip. RIght now i have it set so it's about 1/2" above the ground when in cutting position (i believe i use "H"). If i were to change my cutting height (which i rarely do) i might have to adjust the rubber strip height.

I also made it wider than the factory piece - mines about an inch shorter than the flat section on the back of the deck.

577jersey

Threads
Looks like a great idea,,the factory option shield is like $42,,the only thing I would change on yours is maybe bend the front up so the heat stays off the PTO/clutch/belt,and hydros,,before the heat went towards the ground now its blowing out the front,sides and back :)

These machines stripe good enough,I would worry about putting too much weight on the cheesey deck hangers and lifts,,I see mine flexing alot all the time.
Guaranteed weak spot on the SD mowers.

neetan

Threads
I like what you have done. How did you attach the stripe kit without drilling holes into the deck. Since the fact is if you drill you void the lifetime warranty. :thumbsup: