mtd rear drive shaft

gray

Forum Newbie
Threads
BacK wheel of mower coming off with long drive shaft attatched, The shaft as some threads on the end does this screw back in???. The cog splines are ok and i can engage it back into the gear box but how do i get it to stay there ? . Thanks Gray

noma

Threads
Ha Gray

I think there is something in the gear box that it screws back into you need to take the cover off the gear box and look and see what there is to hold it in place,Might need grease or oil in the gear box if any has leaked out don"t run it to low or out of grease or oil.
If you look at the end of the shaft that goes into the gear box there could be a grove that a clip or snap ring will slide into, inside the box to hold it in place. Or it could be broken in half and one half is pulling out does it look like it"s broken like a jagged edge or a cut straight cut edge? Probably more that it just came unscrewed and you need to look and see how it goes back together:. Good luck :biggrin:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: