I'm going to pick up two diesel grasshoppers next week. I need some info.

thehemikid

Threads
  • / I'm going to pick up two diesel grasshoppers next week. I need some info.
I didn't conclude exactly where your hole was on your housing, but are you going to disassemble to the point of removing the drive pump, driven pump, or both to do this welding?

I will assume you've heard not to get any of the balls miss matched from the sleeves that they are currently in.

iirc, there is a .0002 ball to sleeve match!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your questions, comments, and advise. I need to get this project back up and going. A friend of mine ordered and used some of those aluminum braising rods and offered to do the repair if I bring the disassembled housing to him. He is confident it will work great in this application. Its gonna be at least 3 more weeks till I can get back on it. I will keep updating this thread as long as there is interest. I'll get some photos of the process also.

You definetly have my interest! I love these machines.

TimGoodman

Threads
Thanks Hemi I haven't heard much about taking these things apart other than don't. That info is the stuff I'm gonna need. The holes look like worm holes as if acid or fertilizer ate into the aluminum from the top side of the gear housing. There is one hole completely through about 1/8" that I can see the spider gears through. I'll try to make some time over the next couple days to get it back out and cleaned up. I'll post some pics.

I'm not sure how deep I will have to go into it. Hopefully I don't have to get into the actual pumping stuff. It didn't go to well for me when I went into the injector pump. I did find a good used injector pump on ebay at a good price.

TimGoodman

Threads
Hello everyone!
I'm throwing in the towel on these mowers. I listed them on eBay last night. The starting bid is $800.00.
If you need some parts, These would be great to have. My user name on eBay is gtim8809. Go check them out.
Thanks for all your input and responses here.

thehemikid

Threads
Wish you where a lot closer. The 7-8 hrs between us pretty well kills it for me.

Curious questions:

1) Does the throttle & fuel cut off shafts of the 721D have any signs of leakage?

2) Do you think a 928 motor would bolt into a 721d. Aren't the frames, & sub frames the same?