hustler mini z engine bogs when deck is engaged

bcotten73

Forum Newbie
Threads
hustler unit engine bogs each time deck is engaged any ideas?

Homer1

Threads
Sounds like you may be running on 1 cylinder. Check for plug failure loose wiring somewhere. Start the mower, in park remove plug 1 wire, if engine runs, replace and remove plug wire 2, if engine dies, plug 2 is bad or cylinder needs troubleshooting.

I've had this happen before on a Kawasaki engine, The rod actually fell out of the guide and was laying under the valve cover, I replaced, adjusted, and it ran fine after that.

If not an engine issue I might look to make sure my spindles aren't locked up or in need of new bearings. This could cause the mower to bog down, but I'd think the belt would burn up after running it like this too long.

All that comes to mind.

CarmineB50

Forum Newbie
Threads
could it be a fuel pump or carb? Brought mine in for the same reason, they said everything seemed fine, must have been water in gas. ran fine for a week until today, same issue. I changed fuel filter, plugs last time so wonder if its more water, we have had flooding for 3 weeks where i am at, wonder if its in the tanks where i get gas, or if it could be fuel pump or carb?

CarmineB50

Forum Newbie
Threads
So i figured my problem out.

Drained the fuel tank and added new fuel even though i was pretty sure it wasn't fuel as i use the same fuel for my mix. Started it and it ran worse, like I had the choke on, it was disengaged so i checked the linkage. Sure enough it was half open. had to manually push it down and its running great, like it used to and better then when both repair shops fixed it.

One of the shops recently replaced my choke cable and now there is play in linkage, need to chk it after every stop but so far it is running well! Hope your problem is as simple