ANOTHER TAKEOVER

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I never buy anything that is made in china, I only buy USA, Germany and England...in that order. I believe in quality not quantity and I never buy from companies who only focus on profits above consumer.

I wish that was true. Not a single car in America is without a large percentage of parts from china or other countries. We are a global economy and nothing can be done to change that.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
my cars are just about 20 years old on average, and with the exception the the jag, all american

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
oops, almost forgot, the beetle is Mexican.....:laughing:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A 1987 Audi I had sported a Japan sourced radiator. It started long ago.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the wiring looms on most cars have been made in Asia for decades
Phillipines then Thiland then China

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a older car with over 200,000 miles on it that I drive everyday. I don't like spending money on repairs but a car what is 18 years old with that many miles has its problems. When ever I need parts for it I find that the Chinese parts are a lot cheaper. To my surprise I find then of very high quality and last as long as the more expensive parts. I also find salvage yard pick and pull parts is a good source of cheap parts.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a older car with over 200,000 miles on it that I drive everyday. I don't like spending money on repairs but a car what is 18 years old with that many miles has its problems. When ever I need parts for it I find that the Chinese parts are a lot cheaper. To my surprise I find then of very high quality and last as long as the more expensive parts. I also find salvage yard pick and pull parts is a good source of cheap parts.

I've been doing some of that myself. If you can't find what you're looking for locally, here's a good online source: car-part.com
I was able to get a discontinued $650 ECU for a Ford Ranger on there for $50.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Why should that surprise you ?
Chinese factories have the capacity to make parts from NASA space grade right through to Walmart grade.
They make the quality that they are asked to make.
Because their economy has evolved from a communist background they are yet to develop 20 levels of parrasitic executives + thieving boards of directors and CEO with serious God complexes or hedge fund shareholders.
Take them pit of what is made locally and the price of USA made goods will drop about 75%.
Like Japan the future executives are not heraditry so the idot bastard sons of the wealthy do not get to become the CEO's of successful companies so you end up with management by merit, not semen.
The CEO of Ford still takes home more than the entire board & CEO of Toyota.
The Chinese government provides most of the developement capital for totally Chinese enerprises and the foreign investors stump up the money if it is a joint developement.
Eventually their system will become just as corrupted as the rest of the Western World but for now enjoy the cheaper prices while you can.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
True Capitalism would be an incredible thing. However we are not at the point that there are so many government rules regulations taxes and fees that it no longer exists. More rules and regulations run the smaller guys out or stop upstarts and new comers to compete. Government has destroyed so many things. Look at gas cans for instance. The idiots who made the laws concerning gas cans should have to drive a gas guzzler car from New York to Los Angeles and have to fill it with a one gallon gas can every time it needs gas. The levels of stupidity is incredible. Of course every law they pass is for "Your Protection."