Mower clutch not engaging

Whimsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
My GTH2548 was running fine, still does, but after cutting grass for an hour the mower deck just stopped turning. All the belts are ok, but the clutch doesn't engage.

Does this mower have a history of switch problems? Clutch magneta problems?:confused2:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I'll have a fuse go out from time to time that will cause the PTO swithch not to engage. If it's not a blown fuse I have had the PTO switch go bad too. It's an easy fix. Sounds like one of the two to me.

I have also had safety swithes on the seat go bad that wouldn't allow the PTO switch to engage.

Last edited:

mnnt02

Forum Newbie
Threads
The pto is simple there is 3 bolts on the bottom try adjusting them. Sometimes they come lose. If that is not what the problem is then check the wires they also can come undone.

mnnt02

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also you can turn the key on with out starting it and try the switch to se if you can hear the pto. It will make a clicking sound.

grs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a similar problem. When the PTO switch is pulled up to engage clutch, the clutch will make noise as long as the pto switch is pulled up,
but not fully engage. Sometimes I could kick a pulley on the deck and the blades would engage. Now the clutch just makes noise. Checked all fuses, pulled the switch and checked wires and connections all look ok on the switch. Not sure if this would be the same as on this thread or not.