What is your favorite tree?

monica123

Threads
What is your favorite tree? Does it grow well in your area? Is it native there? What makes you like it?
My favorite is Mountain Ash and they do grow well here.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Redbud :biggrin:

Because I can actually see that color -- Red / Green Colorblind !

Last edited:

Rip

Threads
I can't decide between a Hemlock, a Tulip Poplar and a Pecan.

:laughing:

rip

mystreba

Threads
The quaking aspen is not a particularly attractive tree, and it's so soft that any wind at all can virtually snap it in two (I know, because I had two of them, and now I have one:rolleyes:). But in a breeze, the shimmer of the leaves and the rustling sound is very calming.

Sometime soon I'll plant some mountain birch - my favorite.

mystreba

Threads
I advise everyone to beware the sneaky Bradford Pear. I was backing a load of brush across my property with the tailgate down when a Bradford Pear jumped right behind me. If anyone is in the market for a V-shaped F-150 tailgate, let me know. :rolleyes:

rekees

Threads
Favorite: Dogwood

Greenblades

Threads
Hi there!

My favorite tree is a cherry tree! We have one out back. I've never had one before I moved here, but I love getting fresh fruit and picking it straight off of the limb! I don't usually use this many exclamation marks, but I'm absolutely enamored with fruit trees.

Once I get some things in my yard straight I would love to put in fruit trees and bamboo around the fence line. I'm just a little bit concerned though about what can happen with fallen fruit during mowing time. Cherries are no big deal, but what about apples and pears?

Zeroturn

Threads
My favorite tree is the Dogwood too. We have a lot of them in my area. We actually have a festival in town called the Dogwood parade and festival. I love the white blossoms and the pink ones too.

mystreba

Threads
I would love to put in fruit trees and bamboo around the fence line.

Careful with the bamboo - it's invasive and very difficult to eradicate. As far as fruit trees, I have some apple trees and yes, they are messy and a pain with mowing. Also, they will attract deer, so consider all the trouble associated with that.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Careful with the bamboo - it's invasive and very difficult to eradicate. As far as fruit trees, I have some apple trees and yes, they are messy and a pain with mowing. Also, they will attract deer, so consider all the trouble associated with that.

YES, the bamboo is a pain - a neighbor across the street planted some by his fence line and it kept coming up on both sides of the fence and the shoots were sharp enough to flatten tires on lawn tractors. Any fruit that gets to the ground will also attract wasps, hornets, bees, & other nasties. Deer and Bear (if they are around) can also be a problem. Bear will literally break up the trees climbing in them for the fruit. GOOD LUCK !