Replaced my Speed Feed Head

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did someone flip the spool?
If the spoil is in wrong it will suk the line in.

Hmmm I did not know that. I will have to look and see. I did not think that it would matter.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did someone flip the spool?
If the spoil is in wrong it will suk the line in.

Apparently that was the problem we had been having was somebody disassembled it to clean it or what ever and put it back with the spool flipped. Even the guy at the dealer did not know that believe it or not.

I think I would up buying three heads. We had one last week that was doing the same thing. We disassembled it and flipped the spool and it went back to working again. The guy operating it had disassembled it because it was full of dirt and when he reassembled it apparently he put flipped it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Apparently that was the problem we had been having was somebody disassembled it to clean it or what ever and put it back with the spool flipped. Even the guy at the dealer did not know that believe it or not. I think I would up buying three heads. We had one last week that was doing the same thing. We disassembled it and flipped the spool and it went back to working again. The guy operating it had disassembled it because it was full of dirt and when he reassembled it apparently he put flipped it.

They made them like this so you can put them on a curved shaft.

rpearlberg

Threads
I have a Echo PAS-225VP Trimmer from around 2011. Which head would fit/work best without getting tangled?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Echo PAS-225VP Trimmer from around 2011. Which head would fit/work best without getting tangled?

The speed feed 400
Best things about them is it only takes a minute to put 20 feet of line on.
When the bottom gets wore out you only have to replace the bottom. For around $7.90

They also come with adapters to fit any brand trimmer.

rpearlberg

Threads
The speed feed 400
Best things about them is it only takes a minute to put 20 feet of line on.
When the bottom gets wore out you only have to replace the bottom. For around $7.90

They also come with adapters to fit any brand trimmer.

Thanks!! Wasn't sure what the difference was between that one and this one, SRM Echomatic Head Replacement Trimmer.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-SRM-Echomatic-Head-Replacement-Trimmer-21560031/100328750

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-Speed-Feed-400-Universal-Trimmer-Head-99944200907/204159249

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: That Speed Feed 400 head is the Best, makes life much easier.

My neighbor has a Stihl that won't advance line, except manually. I have told him about this head, we'll see if he makes a switch.