ECHO SRM 225

Echo SRM 225, Good or Bad for Home use ?

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • better brands for less $

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thinking about buying an Echo SRM 225 weed wacker. Good or bad ?

Just for use at my place. I have the Echo PB 250LN blower & it works flawlessly.

Appreciate any input.

Threads
Thinking about buying an Echo SRM 225 weed wacker. Good or bad ?

Just for use at my place. I have the Echo PB 250LN blower & it works flawlessly.

Appreciate any input.

I love my SRM-225. Ya it could have a bit more power, but unless your mowing fields it's great.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you operate with it at your right side the CCW rotation of the SRM 225 will cover you with clippings while the CW rotation of the GT 230 won't plus you'll have much better control with the GT 230. That is unless Echo has come to their senses and made all CW rotating.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you operate with it at your right side the CCW rotation of the SRM 225 will cover you with clippings while the CW rotation of the GT 230 won't plus you'll have much better control with the GT 230. That is unless Echo has come to their senses and made all CW rotating.

This is why I did not get the gt230
CCW is best for me.
Maybe because it's all I have used.
Clipping wipe off easy do not a big deal for me.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is why I did not get the gt230
CCW is best for me.
Maybe because it's all I have used.
Clipping wipe off easy do not a big deal for me.

Each has their own reasons but I prefer not to have twigs and sticks thrown at my face. All of us don't weed whack manicured lawns but sometimes venture out into the pasture.:laughing:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Each has their own reasons but I prefer not to have twigs and sticks thrown at my face. All of us don't weed whack manicured lawns but sometimes venture out into the pasture.:laughing:

I agree we all have our reasons. I wish I could do some manicured yards.
I do foreclosed homes. So it's just like cutting a pasture.

I have used a CW trimmer a few times just for the reason if getting hit with things. They just don't feel right.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Everyone for their informative replies. :thumbsup: I'm left handed so having the trimmer on my left side is where I am most comfortable with it mosty anyhow. So I am likely to (possibly) stay a bit cleaner with this CCW, as opposed to my 2006 Troy-Bilt CW (crook-nose).

I believe I'll certainly appreciate getting a straight shaft (finally) for sure.

My Toro Dealer is getting ready for Year end sales, including Echo equipment.

So this seems to be a good unit then (sounds like) ?

I read somewhere that Echo switched engine makers from Kiortz to Yamabilko sometime ago, not sure if that is good or bad ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well after studying further, I think the Echo PAS 225 SB (essentially same) except I can swap ends for different attachments, maybe best for multi uses.

Stil has the Speed Feed 400 head, but getting a cultivator would be something handy for the garden.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well after studying further, I think the Echo PAS 225 SB (essentially same) except I can swap ends for different attachments, maybe best for multi uses.

Stil has the Speed Feed 400 head, but getting a cultivator would be something handy for the garden.

I know I'm probably the odd ball here but the problem I have with the SRM 225 is the engine size. A 21.2 cc engine is a good engine for doing trimming around the house but that's about it. Your talking about the PAS 225 and using it with a cultivator, I wish you good luck because IMO you'd be fighting a losing battle. I've got the Echo BRD 280 and it has a 28.1 cc engine and it can't do its job defining a bed say nothing about cutting a new one. When it comes to running attachments like saw blades, cultivators, brooms etc. I'd stay away from Echo and flex cables and not run anything less than a 31cc engine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ric- As always, appreciate your input. Having had a chance to think on this, + your confirmation, that is a tiny lil engine.

I'm gonna stick to just getting an SRM 225 for trimming round the house.

My old Troy-Bilt has 31cc & does take any universal attachments. I don't mind flogging that one.

I'm glad you posted up on this. Thank You Sir.