tonyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi forum,

i have a mower with a briggs and stratton engine on it
MODEL 12L882
TYPE 1507-21
CODE 98061258

the drama i am having is it will not start, the only way i can get it to start is buy taking the air filter off and pouring fuel into the carb. If will then fire and run until that amount of fuel has run out then it dies and no go.
I have noticed that one of the springs on the governor has snapped off from somewhere but i am not sure where it was attached too could anyone help with an idea as to what the poor running problem might be and to some sort of schematic diagram as to where this spring has broken off of, i will try and order a new one today.
Any ideas would be good as its driving me crazy at present.

wildbill

Threads
Sounds like the main jet is plugged. Drain the tank. Pull the gas line off the tank, get some spray carb cleaner, spray the line full. It will flow into the carb and let it soak for 5 minutes. Hook things back up, pour in fresh gas and fire it up. As for the spring placement, look it up at jackssmallengines.com.

daddy3

Threads
take the carb off and clean it and replace the spring

jteuban

Threads
Get a wiggally wire like a wire from a wire brush and clean the jet and then blow it out with an air compressor. dont use carb spray, it will eat seals quick I have learned from experience. As for the spring i do not know, a pic of the gov. system would help me figure out where it should go. Cheers.