Toro Timemaster 30" keeps stalling

Bniez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I purchased a new 30" Timemaster a couple of months ago and after about 35-40 minutes it just dies. It has done this every week since I got it.

It's usually low on gas, but not empty. I've had Toros in the past and they sputter before running out of gas and I was able to see the bottom of the gas tank. The Timemaster just dies without warning and there is enough gas in the tank to cover the bottom of the tank. I thought that maybe the Timemaster just can't be run down that low on fuel because It usually starts back up and runs when I fill it up again. The last time it died on me I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes without adding gas and then it started working again.

Any ideas?

Seems like it is getting too hot for some reason and needs to cool down before running again.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
What brand of fuel stabilizer are you using? What grade of octane gas are you using?

to eliminate future problems, keep gas tank full after letting engine cool down. next time tank runs low on fuel, remove fuel line at bottom of fuel tank and check fuel strainer in gas line for being partially stopped up.

Last edited:

Bniez

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm using non-ethanol 91 octane with no stabilizer.

lewb

Threads
Float out of adjustment, might be a fluke for a new mower but that is what it sounds like. Or a dirty carb, I would pull carb and inspect.

paulyjsob

Threads
Thanks for the video!
I had the same problem. My timemaster is an older model without the fuel filter and I think that filter is a key to the machine running right.
I actually purchased a new carb this spring. Installed it in May and it ran perfect for about 3 hours. Then started stalling again. This is before I had a filter.
I took the bowl off this past weekend and saw tiny black particles everywhere. I cleared them out and the jet, flushed out the tank, and installed a fuel filter. Runs perfect again. The carb on this timemaster is VERY sensitive to dirt so if you machine doesn't have a fuel filter, install one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Y_QVlphMg

long video but has same issue, something in carb prevented needle from seating properly.

Flashesbuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds to me like it's got a plugged gas cap. Make sure the tank is venting properly. You could take the oring off the gas cap and run it a few tanks and see if that helps.