Echo 280 problems

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a 280 last summer. It ran great for a while but then got to a point that it just bogged and would not rev up. I took it back to the dealer. They replaced the carburetor two different times. They worked on it numerous times. It would run great for a short time then go back to doing the same thing. Finally the dealer gave me a brand new one. Yesterday the one he gave me started doing the exact same thing.

Do any of you know of anybody else having this problem with a 280?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bought a 280 last summer. It ran great for a while but then got to a point that it just bogged and would not rev up. I took it back to the dealer. They replaced the carburetor two different times. They worked on it numerous times. It would run great for a short time then go back to doing the same thing. Finally the dealer gave me a brand new one. Yesterday the one he gave me started doing the exact same thing.

Do any of you know of anybody else having this problem with a 280?

I'm running the same 28.1cc engine on the Bed re-definer and It's never caused me any problems.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you using Echo 2 cycle oil & fresh high test gas?

I don't think Echo 2 cycle oil has anything to do with. I've always used the Stihl oil in mine. You did too use the high test gas though, they always run better.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think Echo 2 cycle oil has anything to do with. I've always used the Stihl oil in mine. You did too use the high test gas though, they always run better.
We do use Echo oil. Mix 5 gallons at the time. We run two Stihl hedge trimmers, an Echo 225 trimmer, an echo chain saw, a two cycle generator, a Stihl string trimmer, a Shindiawa Back pack blower, an Echo Back pack blower, an Echo hand held blower.... All out of the same gas can. This is the only machine we have had this kind of problems with. In fact we have really had a minimal amount of fuel problems with any of our equipment.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We do use Echo oil. Mix 5 gallons at the time. We run two Stihl hedge trimmers, an Echo 225 trimmer, an echo chain saw, a two cycle generator, a Stihl string trimmer, a Shindiawa Back pack blower, an Echo Back pack blower, an Echo hand held blower.... All out of the same gas can. This is the only machine we have had this kind of problems with. In fact we have really had a minimal amount of fuel problems with any of our equipment.

That's really odd, I'm running that same engine... I say same but the definer is like three maybe four years old and maybe echo made some changes but it's never give me any problems and I leave gas in it all the time. If your running all that equipment and it on the same gas then I'd say the gas or mixture isn't the problem. I'll try and find the manual for mine and see what carb I have. Maybe LMF would have some insight on that he is really into echo stuff, I'd drop him a PM and see what he has on the machine.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

What carb are they using? The one that's on mine is the walbro.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
What carb are they using? The one that's on mine is the walbro.

I am not sure which one is on it. The shop told me while ago that they are going to put a new one on it. They put two in the other one and never got it straightened out. Supposedly Echo has the old one and hopefully they will have an answer on it soon. We love the 280. It is very strong it is a PAS. We use it to run an edger also.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
According to Echo techs where ever they sent the first one it is running fine. They said I either had a small drop of water in it or a small piece of trash. The dealer let me have mine back this afternoon and said it will rum at 3/4 throttle......... Hopefully I can use it to pull an edger tomorrow.

Of course the dealer salesman got a can of that gas they sell that is incredibly expensive and told me I needed to be running that.

Funny thing is I am running all of those other pieces of equipment out of the same gas can and none of them is having a problem. Just the PAS 280 Echo trimmer.