Echo 280 problems

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The ailment described are the symptoms of a restricted exhaust. The most common offender in this regard is the spark arrestor screen. My Echo trimmer has done it twice.

The first time, I cleaned the screen. The second time, it got the heave-ho.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The ailment described are the symptoms of a restricted exhaust. The most common offender in this regard is the spark arrestor screen. My Echo trimmer has done it twice. The first time, I cleaned the screen. The second time, it got the heave-ho.

Sounds great to me. We run a 225, and a 266 trimmer with the same gas and have not had problems with either. We had the same problem with two different 280 trimmers. We have 2 Stihls and also various other pieces of 2 cycle equipment as well with little to no problems.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took it back today. It started doing the same thing again. If it is a dirty exhaust port or exhaust restriction shop can't find it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dirty exhaust port
If it were a dirty exhaust port a new carburetor would not make it run better. Once again the shop is going to put a new carburetor on it. We are still not having problems with the 266 nor the 225. In fact I bought a new PAS 266 unit today. We had gotten down today where we only had two trimmers that would run.

One of my Stihl trimmers has problems with bolts in the head. The other has carb problems now too they think but are not sure on it as well. It went to the shop because the shut off switch would not work.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not to sound accusing, but are people gentle with them? Do they bounce around in the trailer? Get dropped?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not to sound accusing, but are people gentle with them? Do they bounce around in the trailer? Get dropped?
I am not sure what happened to the one with the broke bolts. Could have been 100 different things. As for the Echo 280 I have no clue why it won't stay running either.

Everything we own gets the hide run off of it so to speak.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just wondering if something inside got loose from impact

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

We do TRY to put equipment in the racks in the trailer when we move instead of just piling it in the pick up. We do at times haul trimmers and even blowers and stuff long distances from the truck on a mower so that is a possibility.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Only thing that is likely to come loose would be the stop switch.
Every thing else is captive and can not move unless the bolts fall out.