Echo 280 problems

Lawn Addict
Threads
Read somewhere that Echo switched engine makers from Kioritz to Yamabilko some time back, just throwing it out there FWIW.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here we are on August and I still do mot have my Echo 280 problem resolved. Honestly do not know what to do. Really do not want to buy another unit any time soon. Bought two new ones in July.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Went back to the dealer this past week. No ideas yet from Echo but he gave me a new 266 to run till they figure something out. It still amazes me we have had problems with 2 different 280 trimmers but the 225 and the 266 have performed flawlessly. Another thing that amazes me is nobody else seems to be having a problem.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is really strange. Maybe the screen arrestor or the secret carb needle (I know the 225 has one)?

primerbulb120

Threads
I am suspecting that the carb on your trimmer needs adjusting, but of course it can't be adjusted. I am about to buy this adjustable replacement carb for my Echo PE-2201 and will post back with results when I get it. If it works for me, it's probably worth trying on your unit.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am suspecting that the carb on your trimmer needs adjusting, but of course it can't be adjusted. I am about to buy this adjustable replacement carb for my Echo PE-2201 and will post back with results when I get it. If it works for me, it's probably worth trying on your unit.

Mine is under warranty. They replaced the carb on the first unit twice. Not sure what they are going to do with the second unit. I am running one of the dealer's 266 units for now. I agree that is sounds like it needs a carb adjustment but no adjustment.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine is under warranty. They replaced the carb on the first unit twice. Not sure what they are going to do with the second unit. I am running one of the dealer's 266 units for now. I agree that is sounds like it needs a carb adjustment but no adjustment.

We got a 280 back a couple of weeks ago. This time it has run flawlessly. Our Echo dealer has bent over backwards to keep us running through this. Personally I believe Echo is awesome to deal with.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read somewhere that Echo switched engine makers from Kioritz to Yamabilko some time back, just throwing it out there FWIW.

I find that strange, seeing that Yamabiko owns Kioritz.