Featherlite leafblower question

turbofiat124

Threads
I got this Poulan Featherlite leafblower. It's maybe 3 years old. Multispeed throttle. I don't have the model number handy but this should be a general question.

Every now and the engine either slows down or it stalls completely. Like it's running out of fuel. But will restart with no problems.

There are two lines going to the carb. I'm guessing the small hose is the fuel supply and the larger line is the primer line.

I've noticed as the engine is running, I can see air bubbles going through the smaller hose toward the carb. This leads me to believe the stalling/slowing down has something to do with these air bubbles. The tank was pretty much full. I always top off the tank with pure gasoline (non E10) at a 40:1 mixture before using it.

I blew out the vent port in the fuel cap with compressed air in case the tank was building up vacuum. I have not tried it since. I was done blowing off my driveway by that time and was tired from mowing all day.

The only other thing I can think of is the fuel filter at the end of the hose is not exactly at the bottom of the tank but has moved around so at times it's sucking in air.

How in the world would you get to the fuel filter/end of the hose to reposition it?

I guess my main question is should air bubbles being going toward the carb when the engine is running? Is that normal?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
A piece of coat hanger wire is answer to first question, second question answer is no, you have a leak in fuel system sucking air in.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
After three years there is a chance that the fuel line has split at the fuel filter, and the filter isn't attached to the fuel line at this point.