Flat tires

JD Man

Threads
Have lots of buck thorn on property, the thorns stick through my tires easily. Anybody have this problem?

44carbine

Threads
I use green slime in my tires. I have alot of mesquite trees with some wicked thorns.

Attachments

• downloads 022.jpg
    downloads 022.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 15

noma

Threads
Have lots of buck thorn on property, the thorns stick through my tires easily. Anybody have this problem?

Hi Dont know what size tires you have but they do have no flat tire that are made of solid rubber, should not get a flat with these.

Rickstir

Forum Newbie
Threads
We have a lot of thorned honey locust trees. Somehow those thorns get into the grass along the edges. Constant problem. Green Slim has helped a lot.

Tractor John

Forum Newbie
Threads
Load mine with Green Slime before they are ever put in service, never a problem for the life of the tire, and you can still adjust tire pressure if nessessary. With foam filled (Solid) you can expect to throw away the rim with the tire.

Skaning

Forum Newbie
Threads
One problem is these tires are generally 2 ply tires. I've put boots and tubes on the Rears of my Kubota ZD21 and I still have a slow leak (about half pressure in a week). Foam fill would appear to be the final solution, but I recently bought a pair of 6 ply tires. We shall see how this plays out.

mlmartin

Threads
Load mine with Green Slime before they are ever put in service, never a problem for the life of the tire, and you can still adjust tire pressure if nessessary. With foam filled (Solid) you can expect to throw away the rim with the tire.

Why throw the rim with the tire? How many people have worn a lawn mower tire to the point that the carcass has failed?

For those that have, there are two options. Either cut the tire and foam fill off the rim or retread the tire on the rim. Most people would only have to consider doing either after 20-30 years of use.

Matthew (happy to have flat proofed the fronts on his JD 870)

shrek

Threads
I would foam fill them. makes the tires last longer. most of the small mower tires are non radial and when the air pressure gets low the nylon belts in the tire get broken down...foam filling you will never get a flat tire ever again. works great for hand cart tires also.

sallymander

Threads
Foam filling is the only way to go. Just make sure to specify the psi you want them filled to.
Works excellent on tractor front tires for extra weight also.