Flat tires

mlmartin

Threads
Foam filling is the only way to go. Just make sure to specify the psi you want them filled to.
Works excellent on tractor front tires for extra weight also.
While it is a good way to go, it isn't the only way. It is expensive, relative to internal sealant, but foam does last for the life of the tire. I was paying $25 or more each time I got a flat on the front of my JD 870. That was bad enough, but I usually lost most of a weekend due to the flat. I figure that I have saved money since I foam filled the front tires, based on historical frequency of flats and the cost of repair.

The rears? That's another story. One flat in nearly ten years and an estimate of $600 each to fill them. They get internal sealant.

YMMV.

Matthew

CarlGlas

Threads
Speaking of tires...

Finally, after 7 years it has become necessary to replace the rear tires on my Craftsman DGT6000. They didn't wear out, but rather succumbed to dry rot on the sides. After searching the local stores for what I thought was a common sized tire, I found them to not be so common after all. Carlisle Turf Master, size 24 x 12.00 x 12. I next searched the Internet, trying to find the best price. To my surprise the best price found was at the very place I thought would be the most expensive, Sears. Their price was $52 and cents each, which is about $20 a tire cheaper than anyone else.