Repairs Lawn Boy Silver Series 10304 Overheating. Help!

TimS1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to the forum and have an issue with my lawn boy over heating. I've checked the brake & exhaust. Also put on a new coil. All is good there. I've had the mower since 1997 and it's always ran great. I rebuilt the carb a few years ago. Mower starts right up and runs for about 10 minutes then starts running rough and quits. After a few minutes to cool it starts right up again. Can someone help?

Thanks, Tim.

lewb

Threads
dirty idle jet. They are hard to clean. Has small hole in middle and 4 lager holes above, is not a straight pass through. It is behind the sticker on the carb.

Overheating? the only way the motor will over heat is if you have dirt in the fins of the cylinder head, lack of oil, lean mixture due to too much oil in gas, dirty jet, Or if you are mowing in death valley. A lean condition the mower will pop and hesitate. A dirty idle jet can cause these issues especially if the mower will not idle.

TimS1959

Forum Newbie
Threads
dirty idle jet. They are hard to clean. Has small hole in middle and 4 lager holes above, is not a straight pass through. It is behind the sticker on the carb.

Overheating? the only way the motor will over heat is if you have dirt in the fins of the cylinder head, lack of oil, lean mixture due to too much oil in gas, dirty jet, Or if you are mowing in death valley. A lean condition the mower will pop and hesitate. A dirty idle jet can cause these issues especially if the mower will not idle.

I tried to start the mower this morning and it wouldn't stay running. While taking it apart I noticed the piston is burned and scored. I would say I found my problem.

lewb

Threads
if this is a 6.5 dura force you can get a short block off ebay for a 100.00

bwright1818

Threads
Might be a V series....It sounds like we're too late but mice love to build nests on top of the fins. This would cause an overheat but also usually causes too much RPM.