Raptor SD 54" Question

Joelstradamus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently purchased a RSD 55" with the bagger attachment. Aside from the middle blade pulley coming off with .5 hours on it, it's a great mower. One thing that bothers me, especially when I use the bagger, is the amount of debris that comes from the front and left side of the deck while mowing. It's so bad that it covers the top of the deck and my legs. My question is, is there an adjustment I can make to the deck or some other kind of solution? I understand that I won't eliminate the discharge altogether. It's just that the amount of dust and clippings that are coming from those areas now seems excessive.

kraky

Threads
Probably give a call to your dealer. Years ago some of the Deere decks did that. They came out w/a anti blowout lip that bolted to the front of the deck and went about 1" horizontally under the deck. It made as crazy big difference....turned machines that blew out light stuff into a vacume cleaner. I think there's already a lip like that on the front of the SD but not sure it wraps around the front left.

turboawd

Threads
i assume you have the high lift blades installed for the bagger?
is your deck even?

Joelstradamus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I installed the blade that came with the bagger on the discharge side. The other 2 are stock. I have not checked the deck to make sure it's level.

turboawd

Threads
I installed the blade that came with the bagger on the discharge side. The other 2 are stock. I have not checked the deck to make sure it's level.

one blade only with the kit?? :confused:

to me that doesnt make sense. if only so much air can go up the shoot, then the rest is probably blowing out the left side of deck due to less suction and lift with the left side blades. thats my theory at least.

kraky

Threads
I'll bet the one blade theory on the high lift on the outside accelorates what the lower blades feed it....
And the "theory" keeps the price a little lower by not providing the extra blades. In dry conditions it might work fine...in more demanding high lifts all the way through could help. Again...the dealer should know what's working locally.
Lastly the wt of the bagger chute might pull the deck down slightly on the RH side. Check tire pressure then deck level....its nice n easy to level ....just follow the book.

Joelstradamus

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bagger kit came with 3 blades. One for 48", one for 54", and one for 60". I'll check out the things you guys have mentioned. It does this when I'm not using the bagger except not as bad.

turboawd

Threads
did you ever mow without the bagger kit and blade to compare?

Joelstradamus

Forum Newbie
Threads
did you ever mow without the bagger kit and blade to compare?

I have. It's not as bad without the bagger but it's still a lot more than I would think is normal. Even with this problem, the bagger does a great job. It's built like a tank.

Joelstradamus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the parts number for the best Oregon high lift blades?