Need Help Please MZT 52

Gearjammer

Threads
If you suspect the solenoid, you could either jump across the posts with a screwdriver while the switch is in the on position and everything else is ready to start(you're in the seat, mower clutch off, brake on, etc.) or you could jump from the battery to the starter which would tell you if it was the starter instead of the solenoid or loose connections somewhere. Again, good luck. Gearjammer

DAJOKER69

Threads
If you suspect the solenoid, you could either jump across the posts with a screwdriver while the switch is in the on position and everything else is ready to start(you're in the seat, mower clutch off, brake on, etc.) or you could jump from the battery to the starter which would tell you if it was the starter instead of the solenoid or loose connections somewhere. Again, good luck. Gearjammer

roger i did that yesterday and it bumped over. so that is why i am thinking solenoid.

Brian902

Threads
The solenoid is just a magnetic switch.

Applying 12 v to the input wire powers the magnet and if the solenoid has a ground make sure it has been grounded.

Once 12 v powers the solenoid you should here a click and the starter should turn over.

It probably will not start even if it's turning over because of the safety switch issues.

But if it does spin the engine that part of the electrical circuit is good.

I think you are not getting the proper 12v feed to the solenoid switch.

That is the contolling factor and it's wire is connected or powered by the feeds through all the safety systems.

Brian902

Threads
Here is a great little picture of a starting system.

If you have 12 volts at all the points in Yellow when the Key is on and the Starter is pressed, or key turned to the start position, your starter should be turning.

The wire in Red starts the whole process.

Everything else is already connected.

Feed to this wire is what gets things turning.

Loose connections or bad grounds are your enemy.

Attachments

• starter system.jpg
    starter system.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 40

DAJOKER69

Threads
Sorry for the late response but been busy getting set up with training. It was the solenoid. I bought one and installed it and it fired right up. Thanks to everyone that helped me find the problem!

YUT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same mower with the same issue. it spent a month at the dealer here in Vicksburg and they ended up replacing all of the safety switches and all the wiring for the switches. the issue went away for a month, but now that it has sat all winter it is back to being a pain in the hind end. I got it to start the other day with a sequence of switch flipping and key bumps as well as several choice words thrown in...

My question to you is where did you get this solenoid from. I would rather troubleshoot this issue myself than to have it sit out in the weather waiting for the dealer to work on it again...

DAJOKER69

Threads
I bought the solenoid from my local Western Auto. They are an authorized dealer for Husq. Look at post 31 on here to troubleshoot the problem. Crazy thing is I had to replace the solenoid again about 3 months ago. At this rate I might buy one and have on standby.

It is crazy at the repair times for shops. I took mine to the dealer I bought it from in Meridian when i had the problem the first time and they told me it would be two weeks