Need Help Please MZT 52

DAJOKER69

Threads
There is a 10 amp fuse as well.

View attachment 26773

View attachment 26774

This is something else.
View attachment 26775

Can't find anything the shows the 10 amp fuse. Looked in all the manuals on the site.

i have not seen the 10 amp fuse either. i have looked through my manual a couple of times and i think the 10 amp is an accessory fuse if you have accessories. i am at the point of giving up. i will just have to take it to the dealer when i get back in town. i really appreciate everyone trying to help. once it is fixed i will post what was wrong.

DAJOKER69

Threads
Is this the only tab with a small wire on the solenoid? When you try to start any clicking at solenoid?

Yes it is only one tab. There is no clicking noise. I jumped hot side to the starter and the engine bumped over.

Mikel1

Threads
Yes it is only one tab. There is no clicking noise. I jumped hot side to the starter and the engine bumped over.

I would connect a piece of wire direct to battery's positive, disconnect yellow wire from solenoid tab and touch the wire to the tab on solenoid. Also touch to starter post while you have it there. Finally might be getting somewhere.

DAJOKER69

Threads
I would connect a piece of wire direct to battery's positive, disconnect yellow wire from solenoid tab and touch the wire to the tab on solenoid. Also touch to starter post while you have it there. Finally might be getting somewhere.

Nothing happens when the solenoid post is touched. Bumps over when starter is touched.

Mikel1

Threads
Nothing happens when the solenoid post is touched. Bumps over when starter is touched.

Just to clarify when you touch the wire to tab, nothing but when wire touches solenoid post(starter side), starter turns. If this is correct then make sure solenoid is making good ground contact.

DAJOKER69

Threads
Just to clarify when you touch the wire to tab, nothing but when wire touches solenoid post(starter side), starter turns. If this is correct then make sure solenoid is making good ground contact.

ok i will check that later tonight. gotta get a hair cut and go put some gear together now though. i will definitely let you know. thank you again!

and thanks to everyone else also!

Gearjammer

Threads
My best guess just from what you've checked would be one of the fuses or safety switches. This could easily be a loosened safety switch that is not making the connection due to the switch loosening up or whatever the switch is protecting loosening up that is not EXACTLY making the switch. For example, the drive handles may be the tiniest bit off or the switch may have moved the tiniest bit, and the safety switch is telling itself that the arms are in the mowing position. Same with the mower clutch switch, and all the other safety switches, like the seat switches. You might try wiggling each a little,even if it looks OK. This is, of course only if it does not turn over when the key is turned. Another possibility that is less likely is less likely is a bod switch or bad starter connection. Let us know what you finally discover. Good luck. Gearjammer

DAJOKER69

Threads
I am really leaning toward the solenoid being bad. I have wiggled unplugged replugged all the safety switches and made sure all levers are in the correct position. I even tried a few tricks with the switches. I done want to do anything that would void my warranty as the mower is not a full two months old yet. I am thinking about buying a solenoid and putting it on early Monday before I leave. If that works then I'm good and my son can cut the yard. If not then I will swap the old one back on and take it to the dealer when I get back because they will not be able to tell that I swapped the solenoid.