Fuel gauge

RaptorSDer

Threads
I'd like to add some sort of fuel gauge to my Raptor SD but can't really find any options. Would a gas cap gauge work? If so, has anyone found one that would fit? I'm open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!

RoperGuy

Threads
I've made one for an old slead using 2 brass 90's and a piece of fuel line to make a "sight"

turboawd

Threads
well there is a sight on the sight of the machine, or are you not happy with that?

RaptorSDer

Threads
well there is a sight on the sight of the machine, or are you not happy with that?

Not overly happy with it since it only displays a portion of the tank. That can show empty but you've still got an hours worth a fuel.

It's really not a necessity considering a could just flip the seat up and have a look. Just something I'd like to have :)

KrashnKraka

Threads
Not overly happy with it since it only displays a portion of the tank. That can show empty but you've still got an hours worth a fuel.

It's really not a necessity considering a could just flip the seat up and have a look. Just something I'd like to have :)

Heh... let's find out how much "like to have" motivates??

I remember something similar to those in the link below from
a project I did a while back. I had to have the level (remotely displayed)
of a flammable liquid in a sealed tank.

Tank Level Senders, Fuel Gauges, Marine Gauges, Fuel sending units, Fuel Senders by WEMA USA, Inc.

Trust that helps some.

KK

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hacking into a plastic gas tank makes me nervous, but I'm sure it can be done. I would want to drop in a top- seated auto float/resistor arm type . They are relatively flush with two terminal hookups, I think. But the arm length and gauge for a 20 gal auto tank might require mod. And it probably wouldn't be so cheap, even used. I think I would go on line, maybe motorcycle aftermarket? Maybe there is an existing "cadillac" style rider which already has one.