Mower deck Foot pedal for deck height assist has lots of play. affecting setting my deck height?

350boatracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Foot pedal for deck height assist has lots of play. affecting setting my deck height?
I have an 07 exmark lazer hp with 56" triton deck

The problem I'm having is I can't get my deck to sit with even pressure on all four chains. I got the back of the deck close to the same height on both sides but I noticed that the chain opposite corner of the height pedal had slack that is until I pushed down on its part of the deck. Then I noticed that the deck teeter totters when I push down near that chain and let up. The pedal has so much side to side and wobble play and when I support the top of the pedal upwards and inwards It keeps the necessary tension so that all of the chains have pressure on them.

Another problem is that I can't get the blades at the right height according to the numbers on the height adjustment. When I have the mower set to 3" the blades are around 2 1/2". I'm hoping the pedal helps but i'll still have the problem of the deck not being what it shows.

Any suggestions please?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Foot pedal for deck height assist has lots of play. affecting setting my deck height?
Inspect pedal assembly underneath with " hands on " approach, checking for worn out bushings, hardware loose or missing parts etc.

350boatracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
according to the diagram for my mower all the parts are in tact. The pin or rod part of the pedal assembly seems a little long and it is grooved at both ends I'm not sure if that's normal or it is wear from being loose I'm thinking it's from wear. I need to know from someone else that has a lazer if that pedal should have a lot of play in it?