Removing mower blades

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert, you and I will have a thrown down over that one. :laughing: Crevalle go back in the water unless you don't know any better or are starving. Tree bark and shoe tongues can be eaten too with the ingredients you list above. Maybe I'll post my recipe for Choupique (Bowfin). Guaranteed to make a good meal out of the nastiest fish.

Funny thing with seafood.
The ones that are the most beneficial to eat are the ones that taste the worst.
Being of basically English extraction I only knew 3 ways to eat fish,
baked, stuffed if you feeling exotic
Fried deep in heavy thick batter or shallow in oil
Grilled.
naturally they were all over cooked to death.
I then became friendly with some migrants from around the Mediteranian and realised that eating fish was not a punishment :laughing:
We had a bay frontage but the most common fish was estuary mullet , a greasy tough fleshed fish with muddy taste, I hated them but we ate it at least once a week as it was essentially free.
Then Con showed me how to smoke them & a whole new world opened up.
Some Somali employees showed me a dozen ways to eat Garfish, which we only ever used for bait.
Then the Vietnamese lad we hired was magic. They throw nothing back and every part of every fish is eaten one way or another.
He thought he was in heaven when we went down the back & came up with a dozen fish in a bit under an hour.
He was a rubbish courier but I kept him on because his family had become good friends with my aged parents so he stayed on till the bitter end.
Living 80 miles from the sea now days , fish is about the only thing I miss.
And being brought up on fish still wet with sea water I just can not bring myself to buy "fresh" fish knowing that they will be at least a week old, frozen on the trawler , thawed then sold as "fresh".:thumbdown:

RhettWS

Threads
And being brought up on fish still wet with sea water I just can not bring myself to buy "fresh" fish knowing that they will be at least a week old, frozen on the trawler , thawed then sold as "fresh".:thumbdown:

I hear you brother. We're the same way. I never purchase "fresh fish" from the store. If I can smell it, it is not fresh.