Removing mower blades

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have a clue and I'm not worried. I know it's not enough to damage the threads and It's enough to hold the blade.
There was a tire shop with employees with your same attitude. I did say was because it eventually went out of business because of twisted off lug bolts.

turboawd

Threads
There was a tire shop with employees with your same attitude. I did say was because it eventually went out of business because of twisted off lug bolts.

you aint gonna snap a 5/8 grade 8 bolt with an impact. plus most wheel shops just use an impact to install lugnuts. rarely do you see a guy use a torque wrench. and many impacts put less torque going forward versus reverse.

gabowman

Threads
Being 58 yrs old and was made to cut the grass when I was a boy I'd say I have some experience with mowers. That being said....I've NEVER put a torque wrench on a spindle nut and I have never had one to come off because I left it too loose. As stated before, I use an impact drill to remove and tighten the blades and ALWAYS use anti-seize.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
plus most wheel shops just use an impact to install lugnuts.

They'll only do it on mine once. When a breaker bar with a 4' cheater is needed to take a wheel off I don't go back to idiots.

turboawd

Threads
They'll only do it on mine once. When a breaker bar with a 4' cheater is needed to take a wheel off I don't go back to idiots.

better than being loose and your wheel falling off :confused2:

KrashnKraka

Threads
I don't have a clue and I'm not worried. I know it's not enough to damage the threads and It's enough to hold the blade.

... an' there is always that mighty Interwebs as a backstop for owned silliness, hey :frown:

KrashnKraka

Threads
better than being loose and your wheel falling off :confused2:

... I can hear you have never had stressed wheel studs let go, at speed.
I wish you never have to be there to control a >3tonne payload whilst your
front nearside skips out in front of the vehicle.... showing it's brand new
shiny tread.

Life gets very interesting very quickly :tongue::tongue:

As others have tried to air, there is fixed (to) and there is tite. Pros know the difference
and why :/

KK