Removing mower blades

fosterlinn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to remove my mower bades from my fastrack xd 60". Having absolutely no luck. Any ideas of an easy way of doing so. thanks

gabowman

Threads
Initially removed mine with my 20v. impact drill and have applied anti-seize ever since.

turboawd

Threads
Try one of these and a socket.

1/2 in. Drive 25 in. Breaker Bar

but then you got to rig something up to keep the blade from turning.
]if you have a compressor, get an impact like this:

1/2 in. Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench

and use a 20% off coupon from here:

Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, 20 percent off coupons, No Purchase Required coupons, toolbox coupons

or try an electric impact, though they are not as powerful.

Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
but then you got to rig something up to keep the blade from turning.
]if you have a compressor, get an impact like this:

1/2 in. Heavy Duty Air Impact Wrench

and use a 20% off coupon from here:

Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, 20 percent off coupons, No Purchase Required coupons, toolbox coupons

or try an electric impact, though they are not as powerful.

Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"
So you're installing the blades with the impact? Not too good at guessing torque? The threads will eventually suffer the consequence.

Tomster

Threads
I've been using an impact to change blades for years with no ill effects on the threads. When I see it tighten down I give it another 1/4 turn and it's done. I'm on my 4th set of blades and haven't had my sd a year!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been using an impact to change blades for years with no ill effects on the threads. When I see it tighten down I give it another 1/4 turn and it's done. I'm on my 4th set of blades and haven't had my sd a year!

Any idea what torque is being applied?

gundog

Threads
Off with an impact and on with a torque wrench always. Also apply anti seize to the bolt threads as needed.

Rail5042

Threads
I use an impact and put them on with torque stick. White one 120 ft pounds. I got the kit which was a little expensive but worth money. Before I got it I bought new impact and could not get wheels off my truck. With the kit I never had another problem.