Thoughts on new to me raptor sd54...

kraky

Threads
No...and the old ones were perfectly balanced. Seems like the deck starts off a little noisy...probably acceptable but a few minutes in and the rest of the mowing it seems like a sort of patterned rumble starts up. Wish there was another one around here I could compare to. Will continue to run and monitor and maybe take it to the dealer this fall. Suppose I could pull the covers for a mowing and feel all the brgs looking for a warm one or one w/a growl too. The heat is getting our grass thinned down to....maybe a little thicker "crop" would "load up" the deck drive and quiet it down too?

DJ660

Threads
Make sure deck stiffener update was done. This helped a lot but didn't cure the entire problem.

KrashnKraka

Threads
No...and the old ones were perfectly balanced. Seems like the deck starts off a little noisy...probably acceptable but a few minutes in and the rest of the mowing it seems like a sort of patterned rumble starts up. Wish there was another one around here I could compare to. Will continue to run and monitor and maybe take it to the dealer this fall. Suppose I could pull the covers for a mowing and feel all the brgs looking for a warm one or one w/a growl too. The heat is getting our grass thinned down to....maybe a little thicker "crop" would "load up" the deck drive and quiet it down too?
No cracks in the deck belt... and you have checked spindles or one
spindle is not getting warm around bottom bearing?
Out of balance should be consistant, maybe emit greater degrees
of noise transmission as revs increase but what you are describing
I believe is harmonics, and that can only be dodgy components "settling in".
Time will tell iffn you keep using the machine in that state, nothing surer.

Trust that helps some.

KK

KK

DJ660

Threads
If you look at the top of mower deck WITH belt covers removed there will be a black piece of metal bolted on by the 2 front spindle bolts of each spindle on top of deck. This ties all spindles together affectively stiffening the deck. Factory installed would have been painted yellow. 54" deck part #120790.