cmm1200 dead battery or breaker? A fix for the breaker? HELLP

Sparkie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cmm1200 dead battery or breaker? A fix for the breaker? HELLP
Hi,

I have a 12oo maybe it is 9 years old (at least 8 I kinna rememba! ). It has it's original batts in it. B&D fixed the switch, they wanted to sell me a 110 dollar upgrade, (sorry no old ones left) I went ape they fixed the unit but not as neat but works well, fix was 25 bucks, 4 yerars ago.

Even then I thought it needed a battery it was over 4 years old at the time. I had read 3 was average and 4 a blessing, mine is betwix 8-10 years old now and I believe I may have to have it entombed in a shrine at thsi rate. But here it goes.

It will cut most of front lawn die then rest then restart . It is cooling now.

B&D no longer makes the module for the breaker

is there a fix /work around.

If you remove the little silver box and crack it open is the 68 ohm resistor replaceable?

Next step is either new batts and a new breaker (or just one) or a new machine. As long as the fix is worth it, but new machines are calling me like sirens to the rocks!

The new machines are great (me thinkest) but I am not sure.

any help appreciated

Luana

Threads
Even if you have ten years on your battery it is not any record as I have better than fifteen years on the battery for my CMM1000.

I attribute the long life to three things. 1) not leaving it on the charger continuously, 2) not running it down below the yellow on the battery meter and 3) recharging it immediately after usage. It is the second reason that is likely the most important.

I see no reason for modifying the circuit breaker, simply buy a 40 ampere model from any of several places. (Here is a link to an Amazon page with many choices. Amazon.com: circuit breaker 40 amp: Automotive Don't be concerned that they are listed as being for 12 volts, they work fine on 24.)

You DO need to check the motor brushes, which if I remember correctly are no longer available from B&D. A little research will help you find replacements. Also, make sure to blow out the dirt and dead grass from the motor on a regular basis and also around the fan which is above the blade.

Robert Gift

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the best charging time before unplugging charger?

I believe that I ruined our weakening batteries by running them too low.
(Our
orange charger failed and I had to finish the front yard before I left town for several days.)
Our CMM1200 has no charge indicator.

When should I unplug our new black-cased charger? Does it's
GREEN light indicate a controlled trickle charge that does not need to be monitored?

Thank you.

Robert

Luana

Threads
I don't know a whole lot about the CMM1200 but if it does not have a charge indicator that was a HUGE mistake by B&D. If the charger is similar to the CMM1000 then yes, the green light indicates that the charger is in the automatic mode and will maintain the battery at top charge.

I personally do not trust so-called "automatic" chargers and prefer to unplug them after the green light has been on for a day or two.

I might have more to add in a couple of days.