Echo GT 200CE Trimmer

robrpb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the compression and it is a little over 120 psi.

I took out the L & H screws and cleaned the carburetor. After assembling it I tried to start the trimmer and nothing. I pour a little fuel into the carburetor and after a couple of pulls it started and ran for a few seconds until the fuel ran out.

To me, it seems like it is a carburetor/fuel problem. Since Walbro has discontinued manufacturing this carburetor I was wondering if there is an after market carb that I could use or should I rebuild this one again or is it something completely different that I am missing. Thanks.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you replaced the fuel tank vent if it has it if not check fuel cap

robrpb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not replaced the fuel tank vent.

Mikel1

Threads

I took out the L & H screws and cleaned the carburetor. After assembling it I tried to start the trimmer and nothing. I pour a little fuel into the carburetor and after a couple of pulls it started and ran for a few seconds until the fuel ran out.

To me, it seems like it is a carburetor/fuel problem. Since Walbro has discontinued manufacturing this carburetor I was wondering if there is an after market carb that I could use or should I rebuild this one again or is it something completely different that I am missing. Thanks.

An ultrasonic cleaning would be ideal if you know someone who has one.
That's up to you if you want to rebuild it again.

upupandaway

Threads

While this post is dated, if u still have it, I have a stihl fs80 that is almost identical as your echo and it had a similar fuel carb and problem. I replaced it with a Zama C1Q running a new return fuel line back to the tank- drill another hole at high speed for the return- dont drill too big so it is tight. When done, gas cap should not leak, if u see gas leaking out u need to plug it for this new carb to work.