Hello

Birdhunter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I recently joined to be able to use the search feature to find some info on an Allis Chalmers 610. My dad bought it at an auction a few years go for my son to drive around and learn to operate. He's 6 1/2 now and he is quite proficient at driving and maneuvering around, we are still working on mowing in straight lines but that will come someday. Other than that he can move my Grasshopper around pretty well too.
As for me I am a hunter, and for many years ran Brittany's after pheasants and quail. I still enjoy it but my dogs are old, I don't have the time like I used to and the number of birds are diminishing to where I probably won't work and train another pup, though might still own Brittany's.
I use to mow commercial and residential jobs, built up the business with my dad so when he retired he had a stable gig going. He's been retired 6 years now and keeps himself busy about 3 days a week, often times I will help him if it gets really hot or the weather hasn't been cooperative to getting work done. Personally I have about 2 hours of mowing at my place and use a Grasshopper 723K with a 52" deck, I also work on a few different farms away from my actual daily paying job. Anymore its maintenance and repair rather than the daily operations, it works out well as I have alot of good hunting ground in trade. I also own a piece of a farm that I live on. I cut my teeth in the building trades and turning wrenches on machinery, a good jack of all trades master of little!

Except when it comes to shooting, that is one I excel at!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here. :welcome:

Have you found the information you were seeking for your Allis-Chalmers?

Birdhunter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes but not here.
It got stuck in gear and wouldn't come out, I have the transmission laying on a bench and was looking for a parts payout on putting it back together. I found one somewhere and hope to tackle it in the next day or two.

Best I can tell is a roll pin holds the shift fork in place and it broke, at least that is the only thing that look 'not right.'

Mikel1

Threads
Welcome to the Forum!

I enjoy deer hunting, haven't seen a covey of quail in years down here.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Best of luck!
I'm going to move your thread over to the Allis Chalmers section in case you end up needing some more insight.