The problem I am having with viewing images
seems to be wider - in effect. So I have put in a
request for Admin to review it all.
See where that goes :-}

If the original belts were riding high - off centre -
the newer narrower belt would also be riding off centre,
albeit not fraying, yes?
The fix has got you up and running but me I would be looking
further. You giving that dealer a call after the holiday?

KK

FieldCut48

Threads
The newer belt seems to be riding centered in the pulley. It's just lower in the groove. The width and height of the new belt is smaller. Seems to work perfect. The 1st belt made 3 passes.. I cut about 1 acre or so yesterday. It rained again last night so it may be a few days before I cut the rest.

And best believe I will be talking to the dealer about this

The problem I am having with viewing images
seems to be wider - in effect. So I have put in a
request for Admin to review it all.
See where that goes :-}

If the original belts were riding high - off centre -
the newer narrower belt would also be riding off centre,
albeit not fraying, yes?
The fix has got you up and running but me I would be looking
further. You giving that dealer a call after the holiday?

KK

FieldCut48

Threads
To follow up on this post.... I have been running the Cub Cadet/MTD/Troy Bilt belts for a few seasons now with ZERO issues. One of my co workers recently purchased a Hustler SD 48". He's having the same issues slinging belts and he will be trying this fix soon. The ebay replacement belts are $12.99 to $16.99 and are a dream come true...

Cub Cadet/MTD/Troy Bilt Replacement Belt #954-04044 or #754-04044A or 754-04044. We just checked and found a ebay vender selling them for $12.99 each with free shipping

clubairth

Threads
Thanks so much for coming back with your followup post!

We have so many things that just end in mid air.

92dogs

Forum Newbie
Threads
To follow up on this post.... I have been running the Cub Cadet/MTD/Troy Bilt belts for a few seasons now with ZERO issues. One of my co workers recently purchased a Hustler SD 48". He's having the same issues slinging belts and he will be trying this fix soon. The ebay replacement belts are $12.99 to $16.99 and are a dream come true...

Cub Cadet/MTD/Troy Bilt Replacement Belt #954-04044 or #754-04044A or 754-04044. We just checked and found a ebay vender selling them for $12.99 each with free shipping

I hope you see my reply. It's been a while since I have been back to the forum but reading this gives me hope.
I want to make sure I understand what happened; your driver belt kept coming off and you eventually replaced it with the above referenced belt and have had no issues?
I have a Raptor SD as well that is less than 1.5 years old. My first summer of cutting I had to replace all 4 hydro bolts with grade 8 bolts because the factory ones broke or bent. I knew each time one would break because eventually the drive belt would slip off because it would hit one of the fans. This summer my belt still would come off if I went down any type of slope but all the bolts were tight so my assumption was that brace that is between the left and right driver has bent (that has been referenced before as an issue from another thread) so I took it to the dealer (still there) to have them look at it as to why the belt keeps slipping.
I have 4 acres to cut and I think this summer I have only had one time where the belt didn't come off. All the other times I have to borrow my neighbors 4 wheeler to pull my mower back to my house due to the drive belt.
This would be awesome if this would fix it.

clubairth

Threads
Be aware that breaking bolts where you found them is a symptom not the cause.

The problem is your cross brace.
Do you have the heavy duty brace like this?
Also note there is a second brace.

Hydro Cross Brace-Upper-Installed.jpg

Without these upgraded braces you are placing excessive stress on the hydro's too.
My first clue was a broken plastic tab on one of my fenders. I had the dealer fix it but he neglected to tell me the real problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
MTD, which makes all of those brands use a custom sized belt in length width , thickness & angle.
The Gates belt cross refference site will give you the exact belt measurements if you search your Hustler number & the MTD numbers.
https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/landing/interchange
Then you will know the difference between the two belts.
It could be nothing more that one is 1/16" shorter than the other.

92dogs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Be aware that breaking bolts where you found them is a symptom not the cause.

The problem is your cross brace.
Do you have the heavy duty brace like this?
Also note there is a second brace.

View attachment 44731

Without these upgraded braces you are placing excessive stress on the hydro's too.
My first clue was a broken plastic tab on one of my fenders. I had the dealer fix it but he neglected to tell me the real problem.

Funny you posted this because I just got my mower back yesterday and yep, it was the brace. They put on the new brace as well as replaced the two fan blades (they were nicked up due to the belt constantly coming off). They did confirm that the brace that the Raptor comes with sucks, causing bad vibration (making bolts break) and the new one issued by Hustler should be the fix. I asked the guy what has the success rate been so far with the new brace and he claimed as far as he knows nobody has brought theirs back in for that issue since the upgrade. When I got home I did a 4 hour mow job on my property and everything ran fine. Fingers crossed that this is the end of my belt issue. Thanks for responding.

clubairth

Threads
Yes it appears the new Raptors have the upgraded brace stock and it's painted yellow.
Most of the replacement ones are painted black like what I have in my picture.

I don't know if the factory is installing that second brace but's it's very cheap so no reason to NOT do it!