Lazer Z with 23hp liquid cooled kawasaki fan problem

rams2500

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lazer Z with 23hp liquid cooled kawasaki fan problem
Its a 2001 year. Recently the cooling fan started running constantly. I switched the relays and still ran. I assumed the fan thermo switch that threads into the radiator was bad. This mower needs oil pressure to trigger the fan to run. Would never run fan till the engine was running and currently it would run as soon as you turn the key on. So installed the new switch and no fan until engine warmed up. Perfect! except the fan stays on. Will not cycle on and off like it use to. Exmark telling me this is right part and I don't agree. Anybody else have this issue??

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Due respect to your efforts so far. The fans In cars I have worked on had a solid state thermo sender (resistor) which provided a ground source when a certain temp is reached.
So the fan had 12 V applied , but would not turn on until the resister reacted to a heat point. Don't understand why oil pressure would play a role. As you probably have experienced many fans on cars will run after shutdown due to elevated temps. I would try another dealer, or perhaps someone will now respond on this forum after reading about your problem. (And , of course, I could be entirely wrong):laughing:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Exmark Product Manuals | Exmark click on third parts manual from bottom & see pages 22-25, check all electrical connections by hand making sure everything is tight & secure. Use wiring diagram & multimeter to check relays, temp. sending unit, everything related to cooling system.