Raptor Heat Shield

bricehome1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a quick question, in the very first picture there appears to be a bolt in the trailer hitch hole. Is this part of the deflector assembly? If so do you have to purchase a new type trailer hitch. I own an Raptor SD 54. Thanks

I was thinking the same thing.. GOod question.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess you have considered the possibility that fan cooling may expect an open under side?

jwilli2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess you have considered the possibility that fan cooling may expect an open under side?
It wraps around the muffler and shields the hydros from the muffler it's open on the top.

Last edited:

Rob45679

Threads

Sadly the raptor doesn't have fans like the sd. You can't even add oil to the hydros. One thing I didn't research very well before I purchased.

RaptorSDer

Threads
My dealer is checking to see if he can get me the shield for free. This is a real issue and so far my only complaint with the mower. The picture below is what happened from me sitting at idle for maybe 45 seconds to open my back gate last week.

Attachments

• image-1178744683.jpg
    image-1178744683.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 83

Kremeneon

Threads
ok, I'm convinced. I have a couple dead spots on either side of my backyard gate and I thought they were from divoting or something. I replant, water, see shoots coming up, then it dies again. Then when mowing Monday night I hopped off and took a look at where I parked and where the spots were...

Calling my dealer today.

RaptorSDer

Threads
ok, I'm convinced. I have a couple dead spots on either side of my backyard gate and I thought they were from divoting or something. I replant, water, see shoots coming up, then it dies again. Then when mowing Monday night I hopped off and took a look at where I parked and where the spots were... Calling my dealer today.

I ended up contacting Hustler directly through their website to explain my issue. Within a few hours, Jack from Excel responded letting me know he had the shield already in the mail for me. Now THAT is customer service. I couldn't be more impressed.

Kremeneon

Threads
Dealer called me back, said that he was informed they are not giving them away and that it would be $39.something + freight.

He said the area rep or whomever he talked to emphatically stated that with the heat shield you MUST check and blow any caught grass out of it when you shut down.
Said the debris WILL catch fire from the muffler.

so... that's an improvement I guess.

flightco

Threads
Sadly the raptor doesn't have fans like the sd. You can't even add oil to the hydros. One thing I didn't research very well before I purchased.

True you cannot change or add oil, but when they do fail you can purchase brand new for about 260.00 each side.