Z turn Recommendations appreciated

lilguy

Threads
Have 2 25+ year old Kubota tractors that have given good service. Looking to get a zero turn to help cut around many trees put in over the years.
I don't believe I need a diesel unit to mow the areas contemplated and I'm not retiring the kubota 8200HST, for a number of reasons. Which unit
would be suggested to mow an acre + every week and very occasionally do the whole five+ acres when I'm servicing the B8200. I'm rebuilding the
the deck now.
In the 70's through early 80's i would run a Onan twin into the ground in four/five seasons and switched to diesels and never looked back.
Are the air cooled up to the task now or should I pop for the Diesel. Are there any issues with the new Diesel engines. Thanks all.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have 2 25+ year old Kubota tractors that have given good service. Looking to get a zero turn to help cut around many trees put in over the years.
I don't believe I need a diesel unit to mow the areas contemplated and I'm not retiring the kubota 8200HST, for a number of reasons. Which unit
would be suggested to mow an acre + every week and very occasionally do the whole five+ acres when I'm servicing the B8200. I'm rebuilding the
the deck now.
In the 70's through early 80's i would run a Onan twin into the ground in four/five seasons and switched to diesels and never looked back.
Are the air cooled up to the task now or should I pop for the Diesel. Are there any issues with the new Diesel engines. Thanks all.

What is your budget? Are you looking for a commercial quality mower, or a high end residential mower? A zero turn with a Diesel engine is going to cost more than $12k. If you are only mowing 1 acre and occasionally 5 and you want a kubota mower then the Kommander would handle that job easily. The kommander is at the bottom of the kubota ztr mower line, but is a solid machine. If you were going to be mowing the whole 5 acres regularly with a ztr then I would suggest going to a low to mid level commercial ztr mower. I currently mow over 4 acres with a 48" commercial snapper pro ztr mower. There are many great ztr mower brands out there that could handle your whole lawn. The cost would be between $5k to $7k on average.

supertech

Threads
I have 4 Grasshopper mowers and there great.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
the deck now.

If your happy with he Kubota why not stay with it the same make of unit. You say you switched to diesels and never looked back, if I were you I'd stay with the diesel and save the trouble of having to keep two different types of fuel on hand. That being said most any high end residential ztr/unit or a lower end commercial will do what you want to have done. A residential 48" to a 54" deck will get you between 1 and 2 hr mowing time for a couple of acres easily. Personally for a homeowner there isn't any real advantage to spending a lot of extra money a commercial unit.

lilguy

Threads
Thank you all. Are there any issues with the new clean diesel?

rascalrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Kommander z122e 48" zero turn and I love it. It's a great mower for my 1+ acre.

clay45

Threads
I suggest you also visit your nearest SCAG dealer if you desire something above homeowner level.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suggest you also visit your nearest SCAG dealer if you desire something above homeowner level.

A Scag will out cut anything with orange paint on it. :) For sure.