pto screaming

frobo.1

Forum Newbie
Threads
just had my raptor sd 54 delivered yesterday first zero turn for me. When p.t.o. is engaged it makes a loud intermittent screaming noise don't know if it is the pto clutch or belt slapping it isn't the belt squeal ing . any opinions?

KrashnKraka

Threads
just had my raptor sd 54 delivered yesterday first zero turn for me. When p.t.o. is engaged it makes a loud intermittent screaming noise don't know if it is the pto clutch or belt slapping it isn't the belt squeal ing . any opinions?

Off the showroom floor?

KK

DJ660

Threads
3 Things, First call dealer who sold unit. Second, I would check to see if its the e. clutch make sure all bulletins were completed ( Model year 14's only) Third, Look to see if when Engine is running if the bolt holding e.clutch to crank has a wobble to it causing a viberation in relation of pto clutch and clutch stop. There were some units that the stub shafts were not trued properly. But seeing its BRAND NEW I would let dealer fix it. Also make sure its not a deck wheel viberating making noise.

gabowman

Threads
I wouldnt touch it unless it's obvious. Call the company you bought it from and either have them pick it up or send a service tech for the repairs. ITS UNDER WARRANTY!

frobo.1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldnt touch it unless it's obvious. Call the company you bought it from and either have them pick it up or send a service tech for the repairs. ITS UNDER WARRANTY!

thanks for all the replies, service tech is coming out today to install "clutch kit" they forgot to install it before it was delivered

TMBT1989

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine has this same noise. Did the dealer fix the problem & if it did fix the noise what exactly did they do to solve the problem. Thanks

Doug44

Threads
My SD was doing the same and the dealer picked it up n.c. and said it didn't fall in the serial numbers of the recall but did say he found a guard or something rubbing and installed a clip the factory supplied to correct this condition which I assume is found often as he and Hustler seemed to be very aware. I have used it only for an hour but so far so good.

KrashnKraka

Threads
[..]
....correct this condition which I assume is found often as he and Hustler seemed to be very aware. I have used it only for an hour but so far so good.

:nodding:
Yet another predelivery check fail.
Asssembled on Friday after noon or Monday bedore noon.

Ideally a full description delivered to the buyer would make understanding
the problem easier and avoid the problem in the future.
As a reality, if the mistake/fault is that easily made and then fixed it
it is likely anyone else working on the unit in the future will repeat the
problem. Forewarned ia forearmed.