BS INTEK V Twin 22HP seems to have timing issues

melias

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engine in the title powers a Husqavarna riding mower. I was using the mower clearing some fairly gnarly brush. I have had to replace the shaft assembly/mandrel housing that the blade attaches to inside the mower housing a few times. Kinda typical when doing the rough work this mower is doing. This time however the blades where engaged and I ran across something in the ground and the BS V Twin stopped completely. When I tried to start it again it kept backfiring and acted like it jumped time. My question is does the ignition unit get energized from a magnet at the fly wheel. There doesn't seem to be a magneto. I mean the timing gear that is keyed to the crank is directly (without a belt or chain) meshed with a gear wheel on the cam and I think it would be highly unlikely that they torqued out of sequence. As well the crank is keyed into the flywheel. Any suggestions before I have to open the casing up would be appreciated. Further more if anyone knows where I can get a repair manual instead of going it no this based on a diagram would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
melias

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
The engine in the title powers a Husqavarna riding mower. I was using the mower clearing some fairly gnarly brush. I have had to replace the shaft assembly/mandrel housing that the blade attaches to inside the mower housing a few times. Kinda typical when doing the rough work this mower is doing. This time however the blades where engaged and I ran across something in the ground and the BS V Twin stopped completely. When I tried to start it again it kept backfiring and acted like it jumped time. My question is does the ignition unit get energized from a magnet at the fly wheel. There doesn't seem to be a magneto. I mean the timing gear that is keyed to the crank is directly (without a belt or chain) meshed with a gear wheel on the cam and I think it would be highly unlikely that they torqued out of sequence. As well the crank is keyed into the flywheel. Any suggestions before I have to open the casing up would be appreciated. Further more if anyone knows where I can get a repair manual instead of going it no this based on a diagram would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
melias

sheared flywheel key is first guess. that is why they are there...if you hit something.