Cordless electric enthusiast, new to forum.

Augi

Forum Newbie
Threads
No. Not that I know of. Mine is home brew. It triples the range at lower weight and provides slightly higher voltage.

I forgot to mention another characteristic of this mower. The self-propelling feature is too fast. It can't be slowed down enough for thick grass. It is easy to push so it isn't a major problem. But it is a bit baffling...

Thanks, Rob. BTW how do you know when your battery is fully charged? Is there a problem with it siting in the battery compartment? How much more time do you estimate it gives you run time and cutting time? --Augi

rscamp

Threads
Thanks, Rob. BTW how do you know when your battery is fully charged? Is there a problem with it siting in the battery compartment? How much more time do you estimate it gives you run time and cutting time? --Augi

If you look at the photos in previous posts you can see the replacement batteries and instrumentation.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/new-m...lectric-enthusiast-new-forum-6.html#post60062

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/new-m...lectric-enthusiast-new-forum-7.html#post60121

Note the replacement batteries sit inside the standard battery enclosure so other than the extra wires sticking out it looks normal and fits the same.

A smart charger takes care of the charging. Full charge equates to about 4.2V/Cell or 42V for this 10s4p arrangement. Maximum capacity is about 20Ah which is twice the rated capacity of 10Ah for the nominal 36V stock lead acid batteries. But the usable capacity of lead acid, particularly under high load, is much less than the rated capacity. Hence the approximate tripling of usable capacity and run time with the replacement battery.

With a "wattmeter" like the one pictured the voltage and power are displayed along with the capacity/energy that has been used. Therefore, how much capacity/energy is left is a simple mental calculation. i.e. capacity at full charge is 20Ah and if 10Ah is used then half the run time is left.

I don't recall how long it takes to cut our approx. 7000 sq ft. lawn. Run time is totally dependent on the load and is somewhat secondary compared with the goal of cutting the grass. :smile: Suffice to say under normal conditions our lawn could be cut twice on a single charge with this battery pack.