Spare Idler Spring

heyrayray

Forum Newbie
Threads
In reading some of the posts on the forum I noticed a few mowers that had their idler spring break or come off. I have not had any problem with mine on my 60 inch Hustler Raptor SD. But figured if I did, I didn't want to have to take it to the dealer for warranty claim when I should be mowing. So, when I had the opportunity I stopped by and bought the spring so I will have one if I need it. Having a spare spring, mine may never fail (some law says that) but if it does, I can install it and carry on. Not trying to be a smart *** here, just planning ahead. It may be something to consider. Here is the part number for the idler spring that is used on the 60 inch. EX604291 I don't know if the same spring is used on all size decks but I would guess it is.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely, good post, it's always a good idea to stay one step ahead, Welcome to LAWNWORLD!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
In reading some of the posts on the forum I noticed a few mowers that had their idler spring break or come off. I have not had any problem with mine on my 60 inch Hustler Raptor SD. But figured if I did, I didn't want to have to take it to the dealer for warranty claim when I should be mowing. So, when I had the opportunity I stopped by and bought the spring so I will have one if I need it. Having a spare spring, mine may never fail (some law says that) but if it does, I can install it and carry on. Not trying to be a smart *** here, just planning ahead. It may be something to consider. Here is the part number for the idler spring that is used on the 60 inch. EX604291 I don't know if the same spring is used on all size decks but I would guess it is.

The only problem with being a smart*** is that the dumb***es are jealous.

I seldom have to go get any hardware or plumbing parts as I have a supply of most everything.

577jersey

Threads
Thanks,
Its a good idea to keep a spare hydro drive belt and spring as well,,you never know and if that sucker breaks you wont be able to move the machine easy at all,especially if you trailer the unit like me :)