Anyone enjoy camping?

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
When I was in Boy Scouts (I'm an Eagle Scout :biggrin:) my troop camped monthly year round. Camping, especially Summer Camp) is some of my fondest memories growing up. But after becoming an adult, something must have happened because camping became a chore and just plain unenjoyable :frown:

Before jumping into a purchase, ask yourself "What features do I want most from a kitchen? A place to prepare, cook and store food can be had for far less money. If you're looking mainly to simplify cleanup, be sure to read AND believe the reviews of this kitchen's plumbing system, every review had negative comments about this kitchens plumbing. Maybe I'm old, but why would you need a battery powered pump to do dishes anyway? If it were me I'd keep looking.

indypower

Threads
I have never used that and would not buy it after reading reviews. When we went camping when I was a child, we did the dishes in 2 buckets, 1 for wash, 1 for rinse. And we used cold water from the river, lake or water faucet. We cooked on a camp stove set on the picnic table. Never needed no fancy smancy get up like that. Half the fun of camping is roughing it!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
monica:
I'm with indypower and Hand2ThePlow...
You really don't want something like this. You can come up with much more practical camping gear for cooking, as for clean up. Do as indypower noted, and in the rinse water add some common bleach, it will work great.
Hand2ThePlow, also have some good scout memories but the military exhausted all my camping urges in the late 60's... KennyV

harleyron74

Threads
The last time I did any canping was in the late 70's when I went to the Sturgis SD motorcycle rally. Since that time I have become A great fan of the motorhome and indoor plumbing.
In my world I consider "roughing it" bringing the black and white TV!

Good Luck!
H.R.

monica123

Threads
Thanks for all your responses. I guess I am just used to cottage life and now that we no longer have the cottage to use I miss the convenience of it. I guess I'll keep looking.

BlueGrass

Threads
I love camping but haven't been since I was 18. I was planning on going this summer but I've been so busy lately that it doesn't look like I'll be going this year either. I know they make portable washing machines for campers and I suppose you can use them in a tent too. As far as washing dishes I think you still have to do it by hand. The kitchen is a great idea but it doesn't look to sturdy so I wouldn't recommend getting it.

monica123

Threads
We wash our clothes and stuff in the river then hang them to dry, I mostly miss the conveniences of a cottage, a bit spoiled that way I guess.

Zeroturn

Threads
We love to camp but we have nothing like that. I don't think I would want anything like it either. We take our grills and tables to set things up on. We don't need something fancy like that to set up a kitchen.

Deerebeer

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are roughing it 2 plastic dish pans, a dash of dish soap, a set of camp pans and a good old camp fire is all you need. Make the H2O real hot.:drink: