Making a decision tomorrow on Raptor or SD

RaptorSDer

Threads
I bought the 48"SD and love it so far. No issues. I asked my dealer if he'd knock $300 off if I paid cash and he agreed without even thinking about it. I should have asked for $500 off :/. After tax I was out the door for less than $3900.

flightco

Threads
I'm in Rockford. I'm waiting for my dealer to get one in. Told me they'd get one next week. I've read about the Lowe's thing. I didn't even bring it up. They told me they have a waiting line for it, so they might sell to someone else. Lol
Which dealer you buy from?
Did they actually want the coupon?

If you are interested I will ask my dealer if he would do it again (he seemed very happy to do it for me). They have 4 stores around, I think the closest one to Rockford is Ottawa, that is not too far from you and they might even deliver it to you, they did for me and I was an hour away. I hope you understand but I don't want to give their name out without asking them first.

I would avoid a dealer giving you the business about a waiting line, he can order as many as he wants; I would let him sell it to someone else. I also got the zero percent financing Hustler is offering.

turboawd

Threads
If you are interested I will ask my dealer if he would do it again (he seemed very happy to do it for me). They have 4 stores around, I think the closest one to Rockford is Ottawa, that is not too far from you and they might even deliver it to you, they did for me and I was an hour away. I hope you understand but I don't want to give their name out without asking them first.

I would avoid a dealer giving you the business about a waiting line, he can order as many as he wants; I would let him sell it to someone else. I also got the zero percent financing Hustler is offering.

did they have to order your machine, or do they stock some?
i'd drive to whoever to buy one, but was hoping to buy local just incase i need to take the machine in for service or warranty work. the local dealer is literally down the street from me.
the sales guy said that they would be getting 3 of them tuesday, with 7 people on a waiting list. :tongue: let me see if they get them in, and see what they can do on price. i need a machine this week, as my cub cadet busted a motor.

flightco

Threads
did they have to order your machine, or do they stock some?
i'd drive to whoever to buy one, but was hoping to buy local just incase i need to take the machine in for service or warranty work. the local dealer is literally down the street from me.
the sales guy said that they would be getting 3 of them tuesday, with 7 people on a waiting list. :tongue: let me see if they get them in, and see what they can do on price. i need a machine this week, as my cub cadet busted a motor.

They are a major Hustler dealer with many makes and models in stock. Also if they don't have it in stock in your store they will pick it up at one of their other stores. Aside from free delivery, they told me if I need warranty work just call them and they will pick it up free of charge - seem to be a great group.

turboawd

Threads
They are a major Hustler dealer with many makes and models in stock. Also if they don't have it in stock in your store they will pick it up at one of their other stores. Aside from free delivery, they told me if I need warranty work just call them and they will pick it up free of charge - seem to be a great group.

i called another dealer that was about 40 min away, and asked if they'd match lowes. he told me he'd be paying $50 out of pocket to sell me a machine. he then told me "good luck getting it serviced at lowes". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RetiredGuns

Threads
I'm in Rockford. I'm waiting for my dealer to get one in. Told me they'd get one next week. I've read about the Lowe's thing. I didn't even bring it up. They told me they have a waiting line for it, so they might sell to someone else. Lol
Which dealer you buy from?
Did they actually want the coupon?

Are you dealing with Cherry Valley Landscape Center? That is where I bought my Hustler last year.

turboawd

Threads
Are you dealing with Cherry Valley Landscape Center? That is where I bought my Hustler last year.

yeah. did they give you a discount? :smile:

what model you buy? are you happy with it?

RetiredGuns

Threads
yeah. did they give you a discount? :smile:

what model you buy? are you happy with it?

I bought the 42" Raptor. There are areas in my yard where anything bigger would have resulted in much more trimming. Mowing just a little more than a 1/2acre is a pinch.
I qualified for the military discount so I got 10%. Yeah, I like it. It is not an estate mower, but it was also only $2500. The cut is good enough and best when the deck is adjusted just right. The speed & maneuverability makes it all worth it! Bought it from Rob.

flightco

Threads
i called another dealer that was about 40 min away, and asked if they'd match lowes. he told me he'd be paying $50 out of pocket to sell me a machine. he then told me "good luck getting it serviced at lowes". :rolleyes:

If he is losing 50.00 on a 10% discount, he must be a very low volume dealer. My dealer sells quite a few Hustlers a year and gave me every indication he was very happy with matching the lowes coupon. Nice to have someone who will give you a discount and still act like they are happy to have you for a customer. Dealers are paid to provide warranty service and if he is losing 50.00 on the mower, he can probably make more by providing warranty service.

What ever happened to the dealer who was getting 3 in and had 7 customers waiting? I am not sure about the dealers out your way.

turboawd

Threads
If he is losing 50.00 on a 10% discount, he must be a very low volume dealer. My dealer sells quite a few Hustlers a year and gave me every indication he was very happy with matching the lowes coupon. Nice to have someone who will give you a discount and still act like they are happy to have you for a customer. Dealers are paid to provide warranty service and if he is losing 50.00 on the mower, he can probably make more by providing warranty service.

What ever happened to the dealer who was getting 3 in and had 7 customers waiting? I am not sure about the dealers out your way.

local dealer got only 2 machines in today. so i called them and they said "oh we had 2 people pay already". well why the heck didnt you tell me in the first place??:mad: i waited almost 2 weeks, just to give them my business and stay local.
then i called another that was 45min away, and they said yeah we're getting in 2 today. told them to call me. i waited until 4:00 and didnt hear back. they said they got them in but one was already paid for and sold, and the other was on hold for someone else. why didnt you tell me in the first place??!:mad:

by the way, i did call the dealer who i think you bought from. they told me their wharehouse has some raptorsd 54, but that is a 2 hour drive to get there, so i didnt pursue that option.

so i called another dealer about 1hr away, and they said they have 3 machines and quoted me about 6% lower than msrp, without me even asking. so plan is to go pick one up tomorrow.