mower sputters in heat

markfmvl

Forum Newbie
Threads
my walker EFI mower runs good when the weather is cool but on 90 plus days if run continuously, over and hour or two on a large lawn it begins to loose power then sputter and eventually die. it will restart after cooling off. however to be able to run for any large amount of time after this it has to cool off for an hour or two. The over heat light never comes on. I blow of the engine and cooling fins every day with the leaf blower. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get us the model number of the engine information so we can see what engine you are having problems with.

markfmvl

Forum Newbie
Threads
just checked the error messages from the engine computer were two errors a #34 : maximum adaptation limit reached and #31 : system to lean.........
That would certainly explain the poor performance then basically acting like it was running on fumes until it just quit.
That fits my hunch that it might be heat and electronic related. It has the oxygen sensor that only has one wire, utilizing the ground from threading into the exhaust muffler. I wondered if it was grounding properly and thus causing improper readings.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
May or may not be related but Kohler has had issues with the ecu ground which is connected to the number 1 cylinder under the blower housing being loose or corroded leading to hard starts, poor running , and random shutdowns. Seems strange that it would effect it while hot but anything is possible. May need to check for trouble codes in memory.