HUSTLER RAPTOR SD 54" VS. EXMARK S SERIES 50"

Abosco14

Threads
HEY GUYS I NEED SOME HELP JUSTIFYING WHICH IS THE BETTER MOWER OVER ALL. ANY HELP AND DIRECTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I LIKE THE HANGING DECK AND THE ADJUSTABLE SEAT ON THE EXMARK, ALONG WITH THE QUALITY NAME. BUT HAVE BEEN READING RAVE REVIEWS ON THE RAPTOR SD. THE RAPTOR ALSO HAS 4" LARGER DECK, BOTH FABRICATED BUT THE RAPTORS DECK IS FIXED. THE RAPTOR ALSO HAS A BIGGER MOTOR. I BELIEVE THE EXMARK HAS TRANS FANS TO COOL WHERE THE RAPTOR DOESNT. ANOTHER QUESION IS, DOES THE RAPTOR HAVE HEAT TREATED STEEL GEARS IN THE TRANSMISSION LIKE THE EXMARK DOES?
THANKS!:confused2:

tjones524

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 54" raptor sd, it cuts just as good as my neighbors fastrak 54" which has 3100 hydro's and commercial.

Stripes well actually, but I knew it would, has a pretty decent deeper fabricated deck.

It is hung on brackets, but different kind then the cheaper zero turns, Has some movement to it, which is good.

Excellent steering, you can hop off the unit and not worry about setting a parking break, it's automatic.

Very good motor ( FR691v kaw 23hp )

Hydro gear 2800 serviceable trans axles. ( And to the OP, it has cooling fans underneath for both hydrogears, looks like a 6 or 7" fan for both sides.

Good warranty, and pretty sturdy for a residential zero turn at 650 pounds.

Awesome sized tires for the 54" model, 20x12 rears, holds slopes like no other, plus hustlers/big dogs already sit lower then most others.

So far, I'm a happy camper :)

Abosco14

Threads
I just bought a 54" raptor sd, it cuts just as good as my neighbors fastrak 54" which has 3100 hydro's and commercial.

Stripes well actually, but I knew it would, has a pretty decent deeper fabricated deck.

It is hung on brackets, but different kind then the cheaper zero turns, Has some movement to it, which is good.

Excellent steering, you can hop off the unit and not worry about setting a parking break, it's automatic.

Very good motor ( FR691v kaw 23hp )

Hydro gear 2800 serviceable trans axles. ( And to the OP, it has cooling fans underneath for both hydrogears, looks like a 6 or 7" fan for both sides.

Good warranty, and pretty sturdy for a residential zero turn at 650 pounds.

Awesome sized tires for the 54" model, 20x12 rears, holds slopes like no other, plus hustlers/big dogs already sit lower then most others.

So far, I'm a happy camper :)

Thank you for your thoughts and experience. I still am not sure what I should do... I have 3ish acres to cut..Is the raptor SD big enough for the job. Im also worried about the exmark quest being big enough. Considering the Pioneer or fasttrack. Any help is appreciated!

chevitz

Threads
they are very similar, they both use the 2800 trans. which one has the better motor? and which one is cheaper?

Abosco14

Threads
THEY HAVE THE SAME MOTORS. KAW 691 V.
THE RAPTOR HAS THE 54" DECK VS THE QUEST HAS THE 50" DECK.
I LIKE THAT THE QUEST HAS THE HANGING DECK WHERE THE RAPTOR IS FIXED.
DO YOU KNOW IF THE RAPTORS TRANS HAS HEAT TREATED STEEL CUT GEARS?
THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME PRICE.:confused2:

chevitz

Threads
they both have the same trans, so they have the same gears. if they are the same price, go with the exmark if you like the way they hang their deck better.

Abosco14

Threads
they both have the same trans, so they have the same gears. if they are the same price, go with the exmark if you like the way they hang their deck better.

I WAS TALKING WITH THE EXMARK SALESMAN AND HE SAID SOME COMPANIES INSTALL CHEAPER POWDER COATED GEARS? IT MAY JUST BE HIS PITCH BUT I AM NOT FAMILIAR SO I THOUGHT ID ASK. DO YOU THINK THE 4" LOSS FROM THE DECK WILL BE SIGNIFICANT? I DONT THINK ITS WORTH THE EXTRA $$ TO UPGRADE TO EXMARKS PIONEER AT $6,000.00
iM GOING TO LOOK AT THE EXMARK AFTER WORK TODAY AND THE HUSTLER OVER THE WEEKEND AND HOPING IT HELPS.

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR HUSTLER?

chevitz

Threads
i like my hustler, i dont think you will miss the 4 inches. does the exmark come with an engine guard? the hustler doesn't and that is another $80 if you want one. either way i don't think you can go wrong they are both nice mowers

Rail5042

Threads
One thing to look at with the exmark is how easy is it to remove deck. The raptor SD has quick pins. I can get my deck off in less then five minutes and that is taking my time.

PVHIII

Threads
i like my hustler, i dont think you will miss the 4 inches. does the exmark come with an engine guard? the hustler doesn't and that is another $80 if you want one. either way i don't think you can go wrong they are both nice mowers
If you think you don't need that engine gaurd..you might want to reconsider if your gonna be mowin around barbwire fencing.. after one trip to the shop I put one on my mom in law's Raptor.