Fuel Leak on a Homelite UT-08026-B

primerbulb120

Threads
I recently acquired a Homelite Bandit UT-08026-B handheld leaf blower. After I run it for a while and then let it sit, fuel begins to leak out of the air filter. My Homelite Yard Broom (UT-08026-H) did the same thing. I am suspecting that the gas in the tank is heating up and being forced out of the carb into the air filter. Is there a way to fix this?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a customer with a Dolmar chainsaw that has had that problem two times or the years. The only way we could get it stopped was to replace the carb. It acted like the carb was cracked or porous. Installing a kit wouldn't fix it. Everytime the temperature changed it would dump the contents of the tank into the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I recently acquired a Homelite Bandit UT-08026-B handheld leaf blower. After I run it for a while and then let it sit, fuel begins to leak out of the air filter. My Homelite Yard Broom (UT-08026-H) did the same thing. I am suspecting that the gas in the tank is heating up and being forced out of the carb into the air filter. Is there a way to fix this?

Open the filler cap just a little and let the pressure out, then do it back up again.

primerbulb120

Threads
Open the filler cap just a little and let the pressure out, then do it back up again.

I don't like to open the fuel cap while the engine is hot, as it's located right under the muffler. However, I tipped the blower forward until the fuel filter was no longer submerged in gas. I then pressed the primer bulb until all the gas was out of the carb. It hasn't leaked since.