Front tires going flat

misshinryu

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro 52" Z Master. Always causing the front tires to go flat. Any recommendations on a more durable tire?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Unless there are thorns etc. that puncture your tires, install tubes and your flat tire problems are usually about 99 percent over.

misshinryu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes tubes do help. Our property has lots of large rocks embedded in the ground and I believe they contribute to these leaks. Still...flats seem too frequent.
Does anyone use tires that don't need air? I have a Toro walk behind that the front tires are airless. Would those be too damaging for the zero?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes tubes do help. Our property has lots of large rocks embedded in the ground and I believe they contribute to these leaks. Still...flats seem too frequent.
Does anyone use tires that don't need air? I have a Toro walk behind that the front tires are airless. Would those be too damaging for the zero?

While they won't do any damage they will change the way it steers dur to no other reason than the wheels will be substantially heavier.
The stuff you are thinking of is called "Tyre Moose" and you but it from rubber shops a lot more economically then from mower shops.
Fitting it will void your warranty if the mower still has one.
The mowers I have done all seem a lot slower to turn which actually made some customers very happy