New to this forum

sancheq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm James R. (Jim) Bailey from Grand View Township, Bayfield Wisconsin, in northwest Wisconsin. This is in the only county in the state without a single stop light, and my home is in the Chequamegon National Forest. I got signed up to this forum because I recently purchased an old Lawnboy 8237. It runs, but with low power and low revs. I'm a do-it-yourselfer here on the old homestead, and am attracted by devices that are designed for owner service. I'll keep members of this forum updated on my effort to rebuild this noble old piece of machinery.
:newhere:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad to have ya aboard Jim, be sure to post some pics of your machine. We live in the Ocala National forest ( central Fl. ) with the bears , deer, and ALL the other critters that inhabit this very interesting section of Florida. .......... Boobala ........:welcome:

sancheq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Boobala, glad to be on board. Like most folks, I find myself at this forum because I have a problem and am too much of an amateur to attack it alone. I've got a LawnBoy 8237 that I bought for $40 and I hope I can get it in shape without spending too much more money on it. It runs, but smokes like crazy and has too little oomph to get through tall grass. I tried cleaning the exhaust ports, no luck. The underside of the mower is thick with soot and unburned oil. I believe it needs new seals, but before I go into that first I'll pull the carburator and clean it and check the gaskets. As I always say, do the easy stuff first. LawnBoy_opt 800x600.jpg