New 52 inch 623 T

OLFART

Forum Newbie
Threads
I finished my first three acre pass with model # 3452 which has the 23 Horse Kohler engine , I guess it went fairly well for a total Rookie on a zero turn.I have to be honest , if it weren't for the stability of this machine , I may have been on my *** more than once.
I always here with all of these machines regardless of make to run them at full throttle , reasons given , to keep from clogging up the deck , to aid in engine cooling....does anyone throttle down a little in some situations or is this just plain not a good idea. I will say that this Hopper sure does like fuel...:licking: I used approximately ten gallons of fuel to mow three hilly acres....I hope I can improve on that as I get more experienced.

bobbysr

Threads
If I dont want to throw clippings in beds or driveways I'll idle it down. The machine will cut at idle- you just cant travel fast.

trpshoot

Threads
I don't know anything about your engine, but my 29HP vanguard sucks just under a 1 1/2 gallons per hour. Now it only has 12 hours on it, so I am thinking it may get it a little better. Ten gallons for 3 acres... how long did it take you to mow the three acres? Did you stop and let it idle at all while taking a short break, etc.? Or just straight mowing? I mow just over one acre with half an acre being very hilly. It takes me about two hours with the trees, etc. and about 2 1/2 gallons or so for the job. Hope this helps.

OLFART

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply, well with my property being pretty intimidating for a first time ztr user ,:laughing:...total but on the seat time over two days was maybe 3.5 hours , I think next time when going down my hills I will throttle back a little , I had to vigorously pull back on the bars to keep from the " rideum cowboy " effect...:laughing: this had to help burn excessive fuel....I think on the next rodeo I may do a little better that now I am a little more adjusted how to handle the machine....I hope :smile:

173abn

Threads
thats why I bought one with a diesel,lot better on fuel....russ

OLFART

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hear that , would have loved to buy the Diesel...but my funds are under stress from buying the new place..

Birdhunter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I finished my first three acre pass with model # 3452 which has the 23 Horse Kohler engine , I guess it went fairly well for a total Rookie on a zero turn.I have to be honest , if it weren't for the stability of this machine , I may have been on my *** more than once.
I always here with all of these machines regardless of make to run them at full throttle , reasons given , to keep from clogging up the deck , to aid in engine cooling....does anyone throttle down a little in some situations or is this just plain not a good idea. I will say that this Hopper sure does like fuel...:licking: I used approximately ten gallons of fuel to mow three hilly acres....I hope I can improve on that as I get more experienced.

3 acres and 10 gallons of fuel?
Was the grass really high or did you just drive really slow? I'm guessing you went super slow.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just got done cutting 3 acres about a foot tall. Took me 1 hour 45 minutes. On a toro 50 inch with a kohler 20hp pro. Used about a gallon and a half.