Electric PTO

b1mmuo27

Threads
If my electric PTO is working fine but making noises could it use an adjustment? It is adjustable & the tractor has 500 hours on it. Model 1190-H

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could use adjusted, but the noises could be caused by one of the two bearings in the clutch. One turns with the engine crankshaft all the time. the other one only turns when the pto is off.

b1mmuo27

Threads
Used some brake cleaner got all the junk from under it & the clutch. Power washed it. Must have had some junk in it plus not sure how long it has sat. No more clutch noise. :)

johndeerman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet 2082 garden tractor with 60 in deck . I put new oil seal on front shaft an now when you engage the blades it drags the motor down . when you turn the blads off the motor runs fine . could it be my clutch pack is bad ?

frisbeguy4

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same issues with My Cub Cadet. I have a 2186. I have not had any problems with it, it is approximately 12 years old with 540 hours. It has a high pitch noise that sounds like it is coming from the PTO, it could be from the pulleys below the PTO. I am going to remove the deck, belts, and check all of the pulleys and check for wobble, noises, or difficult to turn. Before I will do this, I have taken an air compressor and blew out the area of the PTO. The high pitch noise is not present as much. The noise comes and goes. I will let you know what I find. I have learned that it is difficult to replace the bearings of the PTO, a PTO replacement is not cheap, anywhere from $170 on up. You will need to remove the PTO with an air impact tool. Usually one long bolt holds it on. Good luck! :smile:

b1mmuo27

Threads
I also ended up turning the three adjustment bolts a quarter turn in which also helped the noise. All seems well now.

cruzenmike

Threads
I also ended up turning the three adjustment bolts a quarter turn in which also helped the noise. All seems well now.

Are these bolts on the electric PTO unit? I am having an issue with my LTX1050VT making an obnoxious noise when it runs. Almost sounds metallic in nature. I have the deck off right now and just for fun I engaged the PTO and the noise went away. Sure enough it is coming from the clutch. Since the PTO works fine and is just making a noise, it is likely to be a bearing or something that is loose? There is only 220 hours on the machine by the way. Thanks.

Mike

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What you describe sounds like a bad bearing in the pulley side of the electric clutch. when you engage the clutch that bearing stops turning since the pulley is turning with the engine and not spinning the bearing.

cruzenmike

Threads
What you describe sounds like a bad bearing in the pulley side of the electric clutch. when you engage the clutch that bearing stops turning since the pulley is turning with the engine and not spinning the bearing.

That makes sense. I am going to try and remove the clutch and clean it up and examine the bearings. I surely don't want to replace the clutch, especially since this isn't going to be my primary mower, but if I ever need it, I would like to know that it works and works properly! Thank you for the insight!

Mike